Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Mycoplasma gallisepticum vaccine

Published: October 26, 2018
Dear my colleagues I would be grateful if somebody tell me- 1- the advantage of mycoplasma gallisepticum ts-11 vaccine 2- its limitations 3-duration of immunity and when to count it from start of injection , onset of immunity or when the vaccine reach its peak regard
Related topics
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Paulo Martins
Biocamp
1 de marzo de 2021
It is very sad and disappointing to see that today, in the middle of the third millennium, in the midst of a pandemic that has already cost 2.5 million lives (Feb. 2021), the use of antibiotics "X" or "Y" is still being discussed, without any restrictions. The antimicrobials used to prevent diseases generate multiresistant microorganisms (MRO), which are "democratically" and vertically distributed throughout the production pyramid. Some scientists ask whether the next pandemic will not be due to MRO. Some studies predict that the number of deaths caused by MRO could reach ten million in the comming years. But there are still technicians who seek to solve problems of biosecurity, management mistakes, and destruction of the microbiota with the use of antimicrobials to prevent and treat Salmonellas and Mycoplasma infections - intracellular microorganisms - and thus reveal their total irresponsibility. We are on the wrong path.
Chris Morrow
Bioproperties PTY Ltd
1 de marzo de 2021

Paulo Martins Dear Paulo, I agree that we have to stop using antibiotics prophylactically. They have been a short term solution but we now need long term solutions (biosecurity and some places vaccination). We can't trust people who make their living from selling antibiotics to forego sales. They have too much of a vested interest.
I see that you are Brazilian. In my travels, Brazil struck me as the furtherest behind in this antibiotic weaning issue of the south american countries and of any developed country worldwide. In Bolivia, the president is a supporter but Brazil only wants no residues in poultry meat exports and the layer industry is not an exporter and people believe that feeding the nation is more important than worrying about antibiotics.
The confusion over what is an essential antibiotic for human and/or animal production is also a problem. Basically, we have to stop prophylactic antibiotic interventions in the medium term (3 years) and that would be a good start. The pig industry in most areas have more problems and uses and I cannot see a solution for them yet but poultry we have good MS and MG live vaccines and we should start - It will not be an increase in costs so have a go.
Cheers

chris

Paulo Martins
Biocamp
1 de marzo de 2021
Chris Morrow Dear Chris, I fully agree with your considerations and point of view. In all of Latin America, we have to make great strides in the poultry industry segment for domestic markets. The reception of day old broiler or day old laying chicks with 3 to 5 days of antibiotics, in water or feed - to try to control initial mortality, infections by Mycopplasma and Salmonella - is still a standard adopted by technicians, at least poorly formed and uninformed, which endanger public health and the image of one of the best and cheapest foods for populations of all income groups.
Dr m usman haider
31 de marzo de 2021
Hello dear I regularly use mycoplasma vaccine in commercial layer and getting excellent results during laying period use only killed vaccine two short no live vaccine used.
Chris Morrow
Bioproperties PTY Ltd
3 de abril de 2021
Dr m usman haider do you or the feedmill put antibiotics in during lay? (What is the programme?) Is there any challenge? Cheers chris
Dr m usman haider
4 de abril de 2021
Hello Chris me and my feed mill not use any antibiotics during laying period I am only use probiotic from day one up to 90 weeks If during laying period any bacterial disease like thypoid face and lab recomend any antibiotic after culture sensitivity then we use other wise only supportive treatment given in cage to reduce different stress. Lab also help us to monitoring the flock health and diside to use live vaccine during laying because in Pakistan we face 4 different seasons and now a days in March month we face humidity at house is Less then 45 it will be now days 10 to 27 in day due to global warming environment change and also at night from1.00 am to morning 11.00 am it's a chill weather so what do.you suggest me about vaccine program ist half dose I use at age of 35days and 2nd half dose at 72days to get good results.
Chris Morrow
Bioproperties PTY Ltd
5 de abril de 2021
Very interesting - are the birds infected? Do you have any PCR results?
hien pham
7 de abril de 2021
Dear All, I come from Vietnam and would like to share experience in VN now. Last time, I used kill Myco vaccine 2 time for breeders and layer but more reaction at site vaccination and efficacies not good. MS outbreak in VN from 2014., we used many kind of antibiotics to control (included individual antibiotics injection) but resistance increasing day by day and no response at all. During 2 year ago with experience after using Vaxsafe MG.MS I can trust totally that: no need antibiotics, no kill myco vaccine and higher performance. We need consider some factors: 1. Ensure to clear Myco before Vaxsafe MG.MS vacccine 2. Monitoring Vaccination very carefully: Chicken always shake head and less vaccine response. 3. Right Vaccine program to control other respiratory diseases: IB, H9 4. Right environment control: biosercurity, less NH3... 5. right using antibiotics after Vaxsafe MG.MS. If some chicken have respiratory and swollen joint, please treatment by individual and check something wrong. Some cases you will fail but don't give up. let try yourself best and good result will come true. We got successfully and you can. Thanks Dr Chris for vaxsafe MG.MS from VN to quit antibiotics gradually. healthy for animal and human.
Dr. Md. Beplob Hossain(DVM, MS Medicine)
6 de agosto de 2021
hien pham Dear Sir, Vax safe MG -MS is a mycoplasma vaccine???
Gustavo javier Leoni
Zoetis
1 de junio de 2021

Adding to the comment of Dr. Martins, in South America, there has been investment in reinforcing the biosecurity in breeders and hatcheries in rearing is a little slower investment, many companies have achieved improvements in terms of reducing or completely eliminating antibiotics the first day, thus aligning what the markets demand.

saad muofaq
9 de julio de 2022

Mycoplasma for necessary control and prevention.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister