Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Mineral nutrition in broilers: Where are we at?

Published: August 2, 2022
Summary
Introduction An essential component of the overall health and well-being of the broiler chicken is ensuring that mineral nutrition, in all its facets, is adequate. As growth rates increase and production systems intensify, mineral nutrition will become more critical. Most minerals in the bird occur in the skeleton, so skeletal integrity is perhaps the critical issue. However, minerals play a r...
Related topics
Authors:
Rick Kleyn
SPESFEED CONSULTING
Follow
Mariana Ciacciariello
University of KwaZulu-Natal (Sudafrica)
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Federico A. Gomez, Julián Melo and 1 more
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Alfredo Irazusta
Alinat
2 de agosto de 2022

Very good and complete article on mineral nutrition.
Specially the section related to Ca and P and the use of high levels of exogenous phytases.
Also ; is very interesting , the way you consider as a starting point when you talk about the
consistency of data of Dig Ca (calcium carbonate ).
Again very good presentation.

Alfredo Irazusta.
Consultant Alinat .
Argentina.

Julián Melo
Universidad Nacional de Lujan
3 de agosto de 2022
Excelent article, Rick and Mariana. Please let me know if you can send me the tables or where I can found them. Best regards, Julián
George Entz
4 de agosto de 2022
Very nice article, well done. Is it just me, but I don't see any Tables to view that are mentioned in the article, if there are some could someone direct myself on how to view them. I have special interest in the calcium and Phos ones. I have personally seen good results when using a Digestible Calcium: d. Phos model, with higher Phos levels in starter and reduced calcium and Phos levels after day 10, then what is proposed by the breeder companies.
George Entz
12 de agosto de 2022
For those interested in the tables try this link: https://scholarworks.uark.edu/panc/vol2021/iss1/1/
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister