Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Content sponsored by:
Evonik Animal Nutrition

DL-Methionine and L-Methionine are Equally Efficient in Broilers

Published: July 5, 2021
Summary
I. INTRODUCTION Commercial poultry diets are routinely supplemented with methionine (Met) sources to precisely meet their Met+Cys specifications. Globally, dry DL-methionine (DL-Met, 99% purity) is the most commonly used Met source followed by methionine hydroxy analogue products (MHA-FA liquid, 88% purity and dry MHA-Ca, 84% purity) and L-methionine (LMet, 99% purity). During recent years, nu...
Related topics
Authors:
Victor Naranjo Haro
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Follow
Rose Whelan
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Follow
Pradeep Krishnan
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Follow
Girish Channarayapatna
Evonik Animal Nutrition
Follow
Show more
Influencers who recommended :
Martin Smith
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Yair
22 de septiembre de 2021

In grower and finisher phase, what was the PDI of your feed at such high level of soy oil and what was DEB?

Martin Smith
Evonik Animal Nutrition
24 de septiembre de 2021
Dear Yair As Evonik Technical Director for MEA, thanks for your question. Please send me an email (martin1.smith@evonik.com) and I can provide some answers. Regards, Martin
Kotiba nadir
29 de enero de 2022
Dl and l methionine, is not equale. Because poultry dont use D forma, so they need to transforme D forma an L forma in liver, this use energie. And D format is about 50% of compositio' of Dl methionine. If poultry like Layer hen have probleme of stratose and liver deseas, it can be more D forma not used. So L methionine it easy and directe use.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister