Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Lack of Evidence that Avian Oncogenic Viruses are Infectious for Humans: A Review

Published: May 14, 2015
Summary
AVIAN DISEASES 58:345–358, 2014 Received 16 April 2014; Accepted 1 June 2014; Published ahead of print 1 June 2014  Abstract Chickens may be infected with three different oncogenic viruses: avian leukosis virus (ALV), reticuloendotheliosis virus (REV), and Marek’s disease herpesvirus (MDV). Several epidemiological studies have suggested a link between these viruses and d...
Related topics
Authors:
Karel A Schat
Cornell University
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Alle Han
25 de mayo de 2015
Thanks Sir for this article Sir, I would ask help in suggesting idea of proposal project with details to study for a doctorate in poultry diseases If you are interested to answer , email me please : montaqm12@yahoo.com Thank you again
Maheswar Rath
25 de mayo de 2015
Well the issue of transmission of disease from avian to human being is a new culture spread by some world wide due to various thinking at different levels including some scientists. The fear generating concepts in business management has become the present age trend. Well even there is small issues like water purifiers are also marketed with advantage arguments between firms and all most all marketing items are based on emotional and fear concepts or linked with profit generation. If i say AI is also can be grouped in this category of concept then perhaps many scientists do not agree with reasons. But i agree with the concept that non of the Avian disease can make fatal issues to human and human to human transmission of poultry disease is thought without findings. Present paper do say it is a review but it is a fact. AI has become the issue of the world now and lot of work and expenditures are taken care by all continents with concept to control or save human race. vaccines, bio security items,costly antibiotics, AI administration etc are ok but I have worked in poultry for the last 40 years and i do not know how to fear poultry and why?All animals and birds have independent systems due to super natural powers beyond our understanding but still there is no harm to take care all points raised at different levels for poultry food productions by experienced producers. This is my personal opinion on viral diseases of poultry. I enjoyed the article which is placed here. Nice review on poultry oncogenic virus. Dr m rath
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister