Intestinal Parasites in Backyard Chicken Flocks

Published on: 03/19/2008
Source : University of Florida IFAS

Intestinal parasites (worms) are very common in chickens in the backyard type poultry flocks. The presence of a few parasites do not usually cause a problem. However, large numbers can have a devastating effect on growth, egg production, and over-all health. The concentration of parasite eggs in the chickens environment is one factor which plays a major role in determining the severity of the infe...

remove_red_eye 15330 forum 1 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Abideen Busari Abideen Busari
Poultry farmer
March 19, 2008
Most of the articles that comes from the University of Florida are always classic and rich in intellectual information. I am not a vet, but a graduate of finance. The informations from most of these articles have enriched me with the might and ability to run my poultry feedmill bussiness. I can not reward you in money, but with good wishes. More greeze to your elbow. This appreciaton is made on behalf of Olotefon Feeds and Poultry Moniya, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
PhD, Postdoc, Cornell University, USA
  Ithaca, New York, United States

Copyright © 1999-2022 Engormix - All Rights Reserved