Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Feed ingredients in poultry diets

Improving the nutritive value of alternative feed ingredients for poultry

Published: September 14, 2011
Summary
Summary This paper discusses the use of alternative feed ingredients in poultry nutrition. The importance and limitations, particularly the presence of anti-nutritive factors, of such ingredients are highlighted. The results of a series of studies recently completed or ongoing at the University of New England, Australia, suggest that the nutritive value of such ingredients can be improved thro...
Related topics
Authors:
Prof. Paul Iji
University of New England
M. M. Bhuiyan
Reza Barekatain
Recommend
Comment
Md. Manirul Islam
1 de octubre de 2011
It's a wonderful research online journal. I have found some new information from Professor Paul Iji and Mohammad Abul Hossain articles. I will visit frequently the website.
Recommend
Stephen Adejoro Dr
Soavet
2 de octubre de 2011
Prof. Diran Makinde Director, AU-NEPAD Agency African Biosafety Network of Expertise E-mail: diran.makinde@nepadbiosafety.net Website: www.nepadbiosafety.net PROF Iji you may link prof Makinde on this address and reference Dr ADEJORO
Recommend
Prof. Paul Iji
4 de octubre de 2011
Thanks, Dr Adejoro, for providing Prof Makinde's contact details. I will mention your name when I contact him. Cheers. Paul
Recommend
Tijani Ruqayyah
23 de marzo de 2012
Very informative. I would like to know if there is a postdoctoral position in this area of improving alternative feed ingredients for poultry in your university.
Recommend
Prof. Paul Iji
23 de marzo de 2012
Hello Tijani: Not at the moment. There is a postdoc already working on DDGS. Paul
Recommend
Joaquin Armando Paulino Paniagua
Universidad ISA (Instituto Superior de Agricultura)
24 de marzo de 2012
Prof Paul Please send me your email I want to contact you to exchange ideas on animal nutrition in the tropics my email is: joaquinp17@gmail.com
Recommend
Prof. Paul Iji
25 de marzo de 2012
Hello Joaquin, My email address is piji@une.edu.au
Recommend
Muhammad Farooq
15 de febrero de 2013

Thanks to provide valuable information.

Recommend
Georges Tenny Ngu
Bea Poultry Farmers (BUPOFAI COOP. – BOD)
19 de enero de 2016
A very informative article especially for Sub Saharan African countries that produce a lot of Cassava. With the trend in world poultry meat production and the high cost of major feed ingredients, alternative feed ingredients holds a promising future for Africa. Thanks a lot Prof. Iji and team at UNE
Recommend
John Ooko Oluoch.
22 de diciembre de 2020
This is a wonderful literature for replications in Cassava growth , especially in East Africa where poultry Farming is the actual measure of poverty elevation strata. I am incubating the poultry Feeds out let and looking forward to payment with Pallidium KMS project in Kenya where the projection will be my top priority to plan intervention. Best regards. John Ooko Oluoch. Project Manager.(AMREF-Mc_Master University Aluminum) +254727636689.Kisumu-Kenya.
Recommend
Samuel Ezenwankwo Chidi
22 de marzo de 2021
Thank you Prof. Iji and team. You don't know how relieved I am that I came across this wonderful article. I'm a content creator and my audience have been craving for answers to alternative use of feed ingredients, and you just made my day Prof. I could like to use this opportunity to as for your permission to publish this article on my site ( poultryfarmguide.com). I will be glad if my request is granted. Thanks once more for your contributions in Animal nutrition. Best regards Sam
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.