Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Impact of Serratiopeptidase Treatment on Performance and Health Parameters in Broiler Chickens

Published: March 16, 2015
Summary
INTRODUCTION Serratiopeptidase (Serratia E-15 protease, also known as serralysin, serratiapeptase, serrapeptase serratia peptidase, Serratiopeptidase, or serrapeptidase) is a proteolytic enzyme (protease) produced in the laboratory by Enterobacterium Serratia sp. E-15 from plant material. This microorganism was originally isolated in the late 1960:s from the intestine of silkworm Bombyx mori. ...
Authors:
Hany Ellakany
Damanhour University, Egypt
Influencers who recommended :
Dr. Fiodor S. Marchenkov
Recommend
Comment
Abdelaziz Abdelfatah Abdelmotii Ebrahim
2 de abril de 2015
good article dr hany
Recommend
Hany Ellakany
10 de julio de 2020
Abdelaziz Abdelfatah Abdelmotii Ebrahim Thank you Dr. Abdelaziz, it is kind of you.
Recommend
Z.s.kafarna
29 de abril de 2015
Many thanks PhDr.Hani for this excellent research. Plesase,how we can buy this enzyme, is it available in the markets .
Recommend
Hany Ellakany
10 de julio de 2020

Z.s.kafarna thank you sir, but I am not his trader I am only a scientist who make researches on the products for their owners

Recommend
Satish Sharma
Anthem Biosciences Private Limited
24 de agosto de 2021
Z.s.kafarna Dear Sir, In case you wish to buy Serratiopeptidase. please reach our to the undersign at Satish.s@anthembio.com regards, Satish
Recommend
Maheswar Rath
30 de abril de 2015
yes it is good approach to find out statistically the impact of any inputs. Here in this experiment i feel we could have known the impact of enzyme and impact of antibiotic separately . For this treatments of experiment could have been more . It is because i am unable to know the improvement is due to antibiotic or the enzyme or both needed to be differentiated . Further the safety food norm how far it justifies when antibiotic use is now discouraged? Whether feed formation used can be ventilated with ref to result projected with serratiopeptidase an protiolytic enzyme and ciprofloxacine. thank you for a good experiment and nice article. dr m rath
Recommend
Hany Ellakany
10 de julio de 2020
Maheswar Rath Thank you so much for the kind words but regarding your comment, that each of the treatments should be given separately. As you know sir serratopeptidase itself is not an antibiotic and can not replace it, but it can have a very good supportive treatment in dissolving the ginormous masses due to ibacterial nfections that is why we did not assign a separate groups for each of them. Thanks anyway
Recommend
Hany Ellakany
19 de mayo de 2015

Dear colleagues
Thanks for your comments or endorsements
Actually the paper was done as a screen tool for testing the enzyme serratopeptidase activity in the veterinary poultry medicine as it has been long time used in the human medicine as anti-thrombosis factor or to dissolve fibrin in the rheumatoid patients.

It showed a very nice start
But actually I did not design it to fullfill the statistical requirements.
Maybe in the next paper I will pay more attention.
Thanks
Hany

Recommend
Dr. Fiodor S. Marchenkov
Kronos -Agro private company
17 de julio de 2020
Hany Ellakany Dr.Hany, thanks a lot. Great work. Very interesting.
Recommend
Satish Sharma
9 de julio de 2020
We at Anthem Biosciences ( www.anthembio.com ) manufacture Serratiopeptidase and sell for its usage in Human Nutrition / Health. We have been getting enquires for its possible usage in Veterinary usage also especially Poultry, Equine and companion animals. regards, Satish
Recommend
Hany Ellakany
10 de julio de 2020
Satish Sharma Dear Dr. Satish, it is a pleasure to cooperate with you as a manufacturers for serratopeptidase as a traditional Indian Medical Material. If you are interested in such cooperation please let your agent in Egypt or any other Arab country to contact me. Many thanks and regards Hany Ellakany
Recommend
Satish Sharma
12 de julio de 2020
Hany Ellakany Dear Dr Hany Thanks for your mail. I am available on Satish.s@ anthembio.com / +918066724000. We will be keen to collaborate with you for Serratiopeptidase. Regards Satish
Recommend
Satish Sharma
13 de julio de 2020
Satish Sharma Dear Dr Hany, Good morning, Could you please share your coordinates to reach out to you. I can ask my agent at Egypt to reach out to you. Best regards, Satish
Recommend
Hany Ellakany
2 de agosto de 2020
Dear Dr. Satish Sharma If you mean by coordinate, an office or partener, I do not have, but I am an independent researcher can work for anyone who asks for help. I may give you my contact data ellakany_hany@hotmail.com ellakany_hany@vetmed.dmu.edu.eg Telephones: + 2010019 49 770 + 201004426614 best wishes Hany Ellakany
Recommend
Tanaji Valmik Lokare
17 de julio de 2020

Dear Sir,
It is very good idea but it needs to take trials for the performance. Secondly, It is used in human for many purposes like pain and swelling (inflammation) including sinusitis, laryngitis, sore throat, ear infections, swelling after surgery, swelling of a vein with the formation of a blood clot (thrombophlebitis), and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.

But how you can apply in poultry as enzymes or against others problem in poultry . Because in poultry industry target of the any drugs or supplements needs to be defined and also over all performance mean again it comes to target parameters like disease control, feed consumption and conversion, weight gain in broiler chickens.

Recommend
Satish Sharma
5 de agosto de 2020
Tanaji Valmik Lokare Dear Dr Tanaji, Taking the clue from the principle article from Dr Ellakany, We did conducted few studies with Serratiopetidase . Results were very encouraging in terms of improvement in CFCR and low mortality.
Recommend
Hany Ellakany
6 de agosto de 2020
Dear Tanaji Valmik Lokare Well, in poultry the major usage of serratopeptidase as I might think is dissolving of what is called "fibrious pericarditis, perihepatitis, and airsacculitis". These are inflammatory changes caused by mixed infections of E. coli + Mycoplasma. These inflammatory conditions really waste off all the body gain and the feed conversion to meat. By getting rid of these inflammations by the enzyme, the heart will move freely not being paralysed or prisoner in the fibrin sheath formed, the lung and airsacs will have a full access to blood supply and oxygen and the liver will function normal if get rid of the fibrin cover.
Recommend
Satish Sharma
17 de julio de 2020
Dear Dr Tanaji, Further to the information as observed in the article published by Dr Hamid et al. We did conducted few trials in broiler through he feed route and water route application. Results were very encouraging. We are now evaluating the outcome with few of re industry experts for their observation. Best regards, Satish
Recommend
Mohammed Elkady
18 de julio de 2020

Thanks, our professor Dr. Hany for this wonderful and fruitful research.

Recommend
Wafaa A. Abd El-Ghany
4 de agosto de 2020
Thanks for a fruitful research as usual, Prof. Dr. Hany With my best wishes. Prof Dr. Wafaa Abd El-Ghany Poultry Diseases Department Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Recommend
Hany Ellakany
6 de agosto de 2020
Dear Professor Wafaa A. Abd El-Ghany Thank you for your comment and really we need something in poultry that aids in dissolving the fibrin formed around the heart, liver, lungs and airsacs to get them function normally. I hope that serratopeptidase may help in this concept. Regards Hany
Recommend
Mangalmurti Pathak
12 de agosto de 2020
It is advisable to use serratipeptidase along with mycoplasma drug when treating mycoplasma infection in poultry
Recommend
Jitendra kr.ojha
7 de agosto de 2021
Dear Sir, Thank you for sharing new prospect Regards Jitendra Ojha
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.