Impact of Serratiopeptidase Treatment on Performance and Health Parameters in Broiler Chickens

Published on: 04/02/2015
Author/s : Abd El-Hamid H.S.1, Ahmed H.A.2, Sadek K.M.3, El-Bestawy A.R. 1, Ellakany H.F.1 (1Dept. of Poultry and Fish Diseases, Facultry of Veterinary Medicine, Damanhour University, Egypt. 2 Dept. of Nutrition and Vet. Clinical Nutrition, Facultry of Veterinary Medicine, Damanhour University, Egypt. 3 Dept. of Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Damanhour University, Egypt.)

INTRODUCTION Serratiopeptidase (Serratia E-15 protease, also known as serralysin, serratiapeptase, serrapeptase serratia peptidase, Serratiopeptidase, or serrapeptidase) is a proteolytic enzyme (protease) produced in the laboratory by Enterobacterium Serratia sp. E-15 from plant material. This microorganism was originally isolated in the late 1960:s from the intestine of silkworm Bombyx mori. Ser...

remove_red_eye 1123 forum 4 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
Abdelaziz Abdelfatah Abdelmotii Ebrahim Abdelaziz Abdelfatah Abdelmotii Ebrahim
dr of veterinary medecine
April 2, 2015
good article dr hany
Z.s.kafarna Z.s.kafarna
Poultry farmer
April 29, 2015
Many thanks PhDr.Hani for this excellent research.
Plesase,how we can buy this enzyme, is it available in the markets .
Maheswar Rath Maheswar Rath
BVSc &AH,MVSc &AH,poultry science, Ph.D. Poultry science
April 30, 2015
yes it is good approach to find out statistically the impact of any inputs. Here in this experiment i feel we could have known the impact of enzyme and impact of antibiotic separately . For this treatments of experiment could have been more . It is because i am unable to know the improvement is due to antibiotic or the enzyme or both needed to be differentiated .

Further the safety food norm how far it justifies when antibiotic use is now discouraged?

Whether feed formation used can be ventilated with ref to result projected with serratiopeptidase an protiolytic enzyme and ciprofloxacine.

thank you for a good experiment and nice article. dr m rath
Hany Ellakany Hany Ellakany
Professor and vice dean
May 19, 2015
Dear colleagues
Thanks for your comments or endorsements
Actually thepaper was done as a screen tool for testing the enzyme serratopeptidase activity in the veterinary poultry medicine as it has been long time used in the human medicine as anti-thrombosis factor or to dissolve fibrin in the rheumatoid patients.

It showed a very nice start
But actually I did not design it to fullfill the statistical requirements.
May be in the next paper I will pay more attention
Thanks
Hany
print
(1123)
(4)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2020 Engormix - All Rights Reserved