Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Immunonutrition, a topic of interest

Published: October 15, 2019
Summary
Outbreaks of avian and swine influenza, as well as African swine fever in Asia, are forcing scientists to reevaluate and redirect their research towards a stronger strengthening of the immune system through nutrition. Immunonutrition is the study of the relationship between food and the immune system. It evolved with the study of immunodeficiencies caused by malnutrition, human immunodeficien...
Related topics
Authors:
Joaquin Armando Paulino Paniagua
Universidad ISA (Instituto Superior de Agricultura)
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Luis Fernando Vergamini Luna
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Jose Mauro Arrieta Acevedo
Huvepharma
2 de diciembre de 2019
A very interesting topic indeed. And difficult to address in few paragraphs. I just want to point out that the feed, beside to provide nutrients for all the animal cells and tissues (including those involved with the immune system), also has an effect on the intestinal microbiota; and the characteristics of this microbiota have a big influence on the functionality of the digestive tract, the immune function included.
Oluwatosin.Kennedyok Oko
4 de diciembre de 2019
It is a very interesting topic, I would like to tailor my future research in this direction. Nutritionists and Physiologists are the major target researchers
Joaquin Armando Paulino Paniagua
Universidad ISA (Instituto Superior de Agricultura)
6 de diciembre de 2019
A lot of research is needed to nourish the animals for maintenance, growth, production and reproduction to strengthen the immune system. The nutritional requirements provided by genetic houses do not contemplate the challenges of pathogens and heat stress.
Siyanbola O.O
8 de diciembre de 2019
Yes.That is one of the most crucial topics to discuss in animals production enterprise.
Kb Bohara
15 de diciembre de 2019
Dear Paulino A short sweet to the point and very relevant article . I appreciate ability and quality of yours for selecting very relevant topics of the day. There is urgency of need for meaningful adoptive research on this prime subject by such potential and independent professional individuals and institutions. I like it thank you so much. Dr k B Bohara
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister