Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Gumboro Disease In Egypt

Published: July 20, 2017
Summary
Gumboro is an acute, highly contagious viral infection in chickens manifested by inflammation and subsequent atrophy of the bursa of Fabricius, various degrees of nephritis and immunosuppression. Clinically the disease is seen only in chickens older than 3 weeks. The period of clinical symptoms and high death rate is at the age of 3 - 6 weeks.Gumboro also called infectious bursal disease( ...
Related topics:
Authors:
Khaled Fadlallah
Recommend
Comment
Entang Bustanudin
28 de julio de 2017
Yes I like
Recommend
Mangesh Shirke
31 de julio de 2017

The IBD-Gumboro disease is a very important disease in the life span of poultry and is an economically important disease. The morbidity and mortality are very high. Along with a good and judicious poultry management and biosecurity, vaccination of the bird and selection of proper vaccine strain is very important in control of the disease.

The use of advanced technology is very helpful in determining the proper vaccination age. The MAB level of progeny and breeder plays an important role in the selection of vaccine and vaccination schedule.

Along with good farm management, if proper vaccine strain and vaccination schedule are selected, the disease can be kept under control.

Recommend
Professor Dr. Emdadul Haque Chowdhury
Bangladesh Agricultural University
31 de julio de 2017
Maintaining good level of antibody against infectious bursal disease virus in parent stock breeder flock is very important in controlling IBD. Without knowing MDA titre of chicks, sometimes cause early outbreak of disease in chicks. I have god IBD in 14 days old chicks while it was vaccinated at day 8.
Recommend
Alex Christopher
31 de julio de 2017
Effective farm management should be observed including good hyigiene practises,proper disposal of dead birds and routine checkup of the birds to identify the sick birds and take the measures immediately
Recommend
1 de agosto de 2017

Obviously, the biosecurity is the key.

Recommend
Hany Ellakany
Damanhour University, Egypt
4 de agosto de 2017
In controlling IBD in Egypt we have 3 obstacles: 1st, heterogenous levels of MDA, 2nd the variant subclinical IBD that hits the chicks under age (before 3rd week), 3rd the vv IBD strains that is not controlled except by the hot vaccines.
Recommend
4 de agosto de 2017
We face similar problem in Bangladesh
Recommend
Nadir Alloui
4 de agosto de 2017
We face similar problem in Algeria. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/articles/28332643/
Recommend
Pirzado M Zakria
6 de agosto de 2017

Hello, everyone. Currently, I am shocked to see that in a flock of 18 days was disturbed by the severe IBD and Cocci, mortality is around 250 per day. What can I do to control this problem? Please give me suggestions.

Recommend
6 de agosto de 2017
Improve bio-security, stop horizontal transmission.
Recommend
Jejeniwa Pius Oyekanmi
7 de agosto de 2017
I think very urgent you use a very good anti coccidiosis to rescue the situation
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.