Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Gumboro in breeder broiler

Published: February 17, 2021

I would be grateful if somebody could tell me what is the effect of high antibody titer of Gumboro in broiler breeders. Will the egg or its quality be affected? What is the impact of that high antibody titer on the progeny?

Related topics
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
David Baquero
Avesca - Avícola Ecuatoriana C.A.
11 de marzo de 2021

Well, if you are talking about high titers because of vaccination program, because adult broiler breeders won't suffer of IBD, there is no problem with high titers, we want high titers for the protection of the chickens. You have to be careful with the vaccination of the chickens, because, high maternal titers, can neutralize the vacunal virus, leading the chickens to a wild infection with IBD.
Abou the egg...nothing to be aware of.

Mohamed Ahmed Abaza
Benha University
27 de marzo de 2021

Broiler breeder vaccination against infectious bursal disease occurs in aim to improve the quality of hatched chicks by passing passive Immunity against IBD to new hatched chicks which protects it at young age, as the IBD in that age destroys chicks immune system.
Finally, to the best of my knowledge, the was no effect of IBD antibodies titer in egg quality in broiler breeder.

yusuf dambha
2 de abril de 2021
Very interesting.. informative
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister