Discussion created on 01/17/2014

Growing broilers chickens in cages

What are the advantages of raising broiler chickens in cages compared to the conventional deep litter rearing in a fully automated system

remove_red_eye 6725 forum 50 bar_chart Statistics share print
Influencers "Likes": Talaat Mostafa El-Sheikh
Share :
close
August 8, 2019
What is the number of broiler chicken per cage of three tire
OGUNWOLE, OLUGBENGA OGUNWOLE, OLUGBENGA
BSc Hons MSc PhD
September 11, 2020
Yes, i am waiting for your questions and dicussion on the present discourse
May 28, 2021
Can I put my noilers and cockerel of 3 weeks old in a cage?
Pls help before I do mistake oo.
Thanks
August 2, 2021

From experience, we grew 300 broilers with a deep litter system (floor) but they suffered from coccidiosis and we lost more than 60 in one day. Then lost another 90 or so during the other attacks of coccidiosis. We used the sawdust on the floor and started changing weekly before the deaths stopped and weekly is very tedious. I believe that the disease is spread mainly through their poo, feed and water cos they all peck from one source. We did layers in a cage and mortality rate was high. We lost only one bird that wandered out of the cage and probably ate rat poison. We have decided to raise broilers in cages this time. However, we will watch out for leg and wing problems and allow any broiler suspected to be developing leg problems to free range on the floor in a separate room. The drinking system and feeding system in a cage are awesome and do not encourage the spread of disease.

December 24, 2021
How do you deal with heat stress in broilers raised in cages?
November 10, 2022
hi everyone,

Never too late.
Prof ADEJORO, congrats.

A very necessary circle field theory theory field is welcome HERE;

Burkina FAso Invitation is still pending.

print
(6725)
(50)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
Dr. Sahil Kalia, Ph.D.
PhD, Postdoc, Cornell University, USA
  Ithaca, New York, United States

Copyright © 1999-2023 Engormix - All Rights Reserved