Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Working on Aflatoxin residues in carcasses

Published: June 16, 2020
By: muhammed ibrahim

Good day all, I'm Muhammed Jimoh Ibrahim a PhD research student from Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria. Working on Aflatoxin residues in carcasses and eggs. Please a professional advise on the laboratory to perform my bench work. I am looking on performing HPLC, GC/MS and other sensitive test. Thank you. Your information and advise will be appreciated.

Related topics:
Authors:
muhammed ibrahim
Recommend
Comment
Hassan Ahmed Amra
17 de junio de 2020

Dear Muhammed
good day.
Referring to your Working on Aflatoxin residues in carcasses good, but many papers made in these field and I prefer first followed the feed of animals and how we can clean its from aflatoxins first after that study how if it have aflatoxins how we can detoxification or inhibition it from feed by commercial ways, it is the best way to stop aflatoxin.
Best regards
Prof. Hassan Amra
NRC , Egypt

Recommend
muhammed ibrahim
22 de junio de 2020
Good morning sir, okay. Can I make you part of my supervisory team and looking forward for recommending a laboratory where I can perform my bench work. Best Regards M. J. Ibrahim
Recommend
Hassan Ahmed Amra
22 de junio de 2020
Do you have grant support and you work in aflatoxins before.please send me your CV.
Recommend
muhammed ibrahim
23 de junio de 2020
I don't have grant, yes I have worked on aflatoxin before. Below are my Cv Muhammed Jimoh IBRAHIM ROAD E, SHAGARI LOWCOST, KATSINA, KATSINA STATE, NIGERIA Ph.: +24308065826062, E-mail: muhammedibrahim407@gmail.com PERSONAL DETAILS Date of Birth: 3rd April, 1983 Marital Status: Married Sex: Male State of Origin: Katsina Nationality: Nigerian Local Govt Area: Kafur EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS/QUALIFICATION OBTAINED College of Veterinary Surgeons Nigeria 2019 (In-view) Fellowship in Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria 2019 (In-view) PhD in Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria 2014-2017 MSc in Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria 2004-2012 Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Comprehensive College, Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria 1994-2000 National Examinations Council Mayanka L.E.A Primary School, Zaria, Kaduna State 1988-1994 First School Leaving Certificate WORK EXPERIENCE Olam Hatcheries Limited Duties: Breeder Supervisor (Senior Cadre) 2017 - 2020 Funage Farms Limited 2015 - 2017 Duties: Resident Veterinary Doctor SAJ Integrated farm, Sokoto Road, Kaduna State, Nigeria. 2011 - 2014 Duties: Provision of health care services to livestock Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resource, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, Nigeria. National Youth Service Corps 2012- 2013 Duties: Provision of preventive and diagnostic health care services to farm and companion animals PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION/SERVICE Member, Mycotoxicology Society of Nigeria (MSN) 2016-Date Member, Society for Occupational Safety and Environmental Health (SOSEH) 2015-Date Registration into Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN) 2012- Date Member, Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association (NVMA) 2012- Date SCHOLARSHIP AND PRICES Total/Elf Undergraduate scholarship 2006-2010 SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY Rabies Outbreak Investigation, Public Health Enlightenment and Mass Vaccination Campaign in Zaria. 2016 Cadet Marshal Road Trafficking 2013 Clinician Free Animal Care Services 2012 CONFERENCES ATTENDED/ORGANIZED Ibrahim, M.J., Kabir, J., Kwanashie, C.N. and Salawudeen, M.T. (2018). Occurrence of Aflatoxin B1 in the liver of fresh and boiled slaughtered broiler chicken in Zaria, Nigeria. Book of Abstract: The Veterinary profession and Emerging Global Challenges, 55th Annual congress of the Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association, 22nd–27th November, 2018. Sokoto, Nigeria. Ibrahim, M.J., Kabir, J., Kwanashie, C.N. and Salawudeen, M.T. (2018). Incidence of aflatoxigenic Aspergillus in poultry feed in Zaria live bird market, Nigeria. Book of Absract: Exploring the role of fungi in post oil era, 10th annual scientific conference of the Mycological society of Nigeria, 7th-11th October, 2018, Zaria, Nigeria. Salawudeen, M.T., Kwanashie, C.N., Kazeem, H.M., Oniye, S.J., Raji A., Ibrahim, M.J., Mgbeahuruike, A.C. and Ahmad, K.H. (2018). Microbial contamination of Oreochromis niloticus from dams in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. Book of Absract: Exploring the role of fungi in post oil era, 10th annual scientific conference of the Mycological society of Nigeria, 7th-11th October, 2018, Zaria, Nigeria. Salawudeen, M.T., Kwanashie, C.N., Kazeem, H.M., Oniye, S.J. and Ibrahim, M.J. (2017). Contaminationof Clarias gariepinus with aflatoxin-producing Aspergillus sp in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. Book of Abstract: Veterinary services as tools for advancing economic growth, food and national security, 54th Annual congress of the Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association, 6th – 10th November, 2017. Kano, Nigeria. Ibrahim, M.J., Kabir, J. and Kwanashie, C.N. (2016). Occurrence of mycotoxigenic fungi in poultry feed in Zaria, Nigeria. Book of Abstract: mycotoxin control in a changing climate: A panacea for food security, 11th Annual Congress of the Mycotoxicology Society of Nigerian, 25th -28th November, 2016, Minna, Nigeria. Ibrahim, M. J., Kia, G. S. N. and Okolocha E.C. (2015). Management of hospital waste disposal in Sabon Gari, Zaria, Nigeria. Book of Abstracts: Emerging Risks and Challenges on Environment, Health and Safety, Annual Congress of the Society for Occupation Safety and Environmental Health, 10th - 14th November, 2015, Abuja, Nigeria. THESIS/DISSERTATION Ibrahim, M.J. (2017). Determination of aflatoxigenic fungi in poultry feed and aflatoxin B1 in fresh and boiled broiler liver in live-bird markets in Zaria, Nigeria. MSc. Project, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Ibrahim, M.J. (2011). Prevalence of Staphylococcus aureus in milk and packed Yoghurt. D.V.M. Project, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. PUBLICATIONS Ibrahim, M.J., Kabir, J., Kwanashie, C.N., Salawudeen, M.T. and Mairabo, R.R. (2019). Occurrence of aflatoxin B1 in fresh and boiled liver broiler chickens in Zaria, Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Science and Food Technology, 5(7): 2019. Zakari, F.O., Uchendu, C., Buba, W., Idoga, E.S. and Ibrahim, M.J. (2019). Graded levels of Bactofort® modulates tonic immobility and behavioral vigilance responses to broilers chickens during the cold-dry (Harmattan) season. Journal of Veterinary Behavior, 32: 49-56 Zakari, F.O., Ayo, J.O., Rekwot, P.I., Kawu, M.U., Minka, N.S., Olaifa, P.H., Ibrahim, M.J. and Avazi, D.O. (2018). Daily rhythmicity of behavioral responses in donkeys of different age groups during the cold-dry (harmattan) and hot-dry season in a tropical savannah. Journal of Veterinary Behavior, 28: 46-53 Ibrahim, M.J., Kabir, J., Kwanashie, C.N., Salawudeen, M.T. and Joshua, Z. (2017). Occurrence of mycotoxigenic fungi in poultry feed in live-bird markets in Zaria, Nigeria. Sokoto Journal of Veterinary Science, 15(4): 53-59 Ibrahim, M.J., Kabir, J., Kwanashie, C.N. and Salawudeen, M.T. (2017). Identification of Aspergillus species in feed fed to caged birds using morphological characteristics in Zaria, Nigeria. Microbiology Research International, 5(2): 16-24. Salawudeen, M.T., Kazeem, H. M., Raji, M.A., Oniye, S.J., Kwanashie, C.N. and Ibrahim, M.J. (2017). Isolation and identification of fungi from apparently healthy and diseased Clarias gariepinus from freshwater in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. Microbiology Research International, 5(1): 8-15 STRENGTHS AND SKILLS Good planning and organizational skills. Excellent ability to use my initiative and work with minimum supervision. Excellent computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphpad prism. To work with a group of people with excellent vision. HOBBIES Basketball, Football (Soccer), Traveling, Reading and Disseminating innovative ideas and searching through online REFEREES Professor A. Abdulkareem Department of Pharmacogonosy and Drug Production, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. Phone: +234(0) 8033735843 e-mail: Agunua@yahoo.com Professor J. Kabir Department of Veterinary Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. Phone: +234(0) 8064994774 e-mail: junaibir@gmail.com Professor C.N. Kwanashie Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria. Phone: +234(0) 8037036536 e-mail: clarakwanashie@gmail.com
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.