Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Gizzard lesions with dark reddish material

Published: January 8, 2015
By: Dr Nitin Ghadage

Anybody can discuss litter toxicity in broiler birds? I am observing the problem in broiler birds with gizzard lesions..

Related topics:
Authors:
Dr Nitin Ghadage
BASF
Recommend
Comment
Dr Dimcho Haralanov
DiVet , Bulgaria Vet.Company
12 de enero de 2015
Dear Sir, Please use Ultrafed poultry from Geohellas,Greece. Please see in www.geohellas.com,or Ultrafed poultry. As My company represent and sell thear products, I will offer you if you show interest. Best Regards, D-r Dimcho Haralanov divetim@yahoo.com
Recommend
DR K SENTHIL KUMAR
13 de enero de 2015
Is Gout Cases in Commercial Meat Type Broiler Birds -got any correlations with Gizzard Erosion Leisions -like.
Recommend
ravindra
14 de enero de 2015
As per my opinion, in India most of the feed millers are using maize with mycotoxins. Gizzard lesions can be found with all above points discussed by different People. and i have observed mycotoxins as main cause. Indian millers lack aflatoxin analysis in their mills. Ty
Recommend
Roeslan Isdhainto
14 de enero de 2015
More specifically may be caused by biogenic amines..?
Recommend
Dr. Rakesh  Nimbalkar
14 de enero de 2015
Dear Dr Nitin , In my opinion these gizzard lesion would have been contributed by citrinin toxicity through the feed ingredient like maize gluten meal . you are also advised to confirm whether the maize gluten meal was processed by dry milling or wet milling . wet milling products have higher concentration of citrinin Thanks Dr Rakesh Nimbalkar Consultant Poultry nutritionist Polchem Hygiene Laboratories Private Limited Pune - India
Recommend
iqbal ahmed
14 de octubre de 2021

Dr. Rakesh Nimbalkar, Hello sir, Thanks a lot for your valuable information.

Recommend
Lutfullah Naqvi
14 de enero de 2015
What is the age of bird and what are physical signs shown by the birds.
Recommend
Dr.H. Sodhi
16 de enero de 2015
this type of condition is caused by biogenic amines also named black vomit & having very foul odour.
Recommend
Ricardo Gallardo Ossandon
Universidad Santo Tomás (Chile)
16 de enero de 2015
my question, are they yusing Fish Meal?
Recommend
Radoslav Tsenin
21 de enero de 2015
I fully agree with Dr. Barman B. I had the same problem. Mycotoxins are not homogeneous throughout the feed. For this there are only 25% expression.
Recommend
Dr.Suryakant Eknath Mohite
22 de enero de 2015
What is age of occurance, morbidity & mortality percentage, look after any viral infection.
Recommend
Dr Santosh Koratkar
30 de abril de 2015
I do not know much about toxicity but fowl Adenovirus serotype- I is also responsible for gizzard erosion. I don't know exactly the intensity of lesions that are developed. Anything related to this?
Recommend
Gabriela Barbeli-Petu
Elanco
4 de mayo de 2015
Hi, dr. Nitin, do you have some info to share with us about this problem you had with gizzard lesions? I am asking because one of the farm that I visit is having the same problem: gizzard erosions, black content in the gizzard and crop, internal bleeding, all starting with the age of 20 days. The mortalities are progressive. The problem is not on the entire farm, only about 30 % is affected. They sent already tissues sample for testing and we took feed sample to test for mycotoxins. What was in your case? Is the problem solved now? Thank you.
Recommend
Dr. Ajay Singh
Novus
5 de mayo de 2015
That is the fungal infection . please send the feed sample to laboratory. Thanks
Recommend
??????? ???????
5 de mayo de 2015
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23678748 Adenoviral gizzard erosion in broiler chickens
Recommend
Dr.H. Sodhi
5 de mayo de 2015
DEAR ALL adenovirus is very much responsible for gizzard erosion. it is simply erosion of layer without much change in colour/smell etc.this type of condition you will find in where fish meal is used of poor quality .biogenic amines presence in poor quality fish causes this black vomit & gizzard erosion with foul smell. regards
Recommend
Athula Mahagamage
5 de mayo de 2015
This could be due to toxin or improperly (especially over cooked) cooked fish meal or non vegetable proteins. If it is Toxin binder, you are required to check the efficacy and distribution in feed. Your raw materials might have high pockets of mycotoxins and your general application of toxin binder will not tally when you are using those pockets. If you are using fish meal or any other animal protein, please check the quality of the same by taking random samples from different places of the stocks. Some portions might be overcooked. This is my practical experience. If it is related with Clostridium or any other diseases you might be able see some other leasons other than GE
Recommend
Robi Amizar
5 de mayo de 2015
this is the first time for me to see this disease..,,thanks for this discussion, i'm interested to hear about this isue
Recommend
Mark Bestes
5 de mayo de 2015
Maybe it is because of the mycotoxin like T-2 toxin, MAS and DAS. Another factor to take into consideration in the mechanism of action of these mycotoxins is that after their absorption in the intestines they pass to the blood and later to the saliva, causing lesions in the mouth and possibly in the gizzard. regards..
Recommend
Premchandar
6 de mayo de 2015
please let me history of the farm, feed source .Mortality %.
Recommend
DR ANWAR SAID
6 de mayo de 2015
This could be due to coccidiosis, i have seen specific cases of cocci like this sign symptom please check the litter wet condition.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.