Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Sanitation, Cleaning, and Disinfecting Poultry Facilities

Published: June 25, 2008
Summary
Diseases and infections have always been a major concern to the poultry industry. Fortunately, microbial contamination can be prevented and controlled using proper management practices and modern health products. Microorganisms are everywhere! Some are relatively harmless, while others can cause disease. Some pose a lethal threat to one species of animal while remaining harmless to another sp...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Munawar Ali
Islamabad Group
26 de junio de 2008
Sanitation, cleaning and disinfections are extremly important actions a farmer should take to prevent his flock from different diseases. Article is very nice and practical. A detailed assay is requested regarding the above points. Waiting for reply, Dr. Munawar Ali
Rajendra Kumar Pippara
Rajendra Kumar Pippara
12 de julio de 2008
Cleaning, sanitation and disinfection are critical to the normal functioning of the poultry enterprise. I would like to add the controlled growth of a set of organisms you require. We use various live bacterial and viral vaccines. We also use live protozoa like Eimeria. What are we doing here? We are growing a set of organisms. We use organic acids in feed, water and use acidifiers to keep the Ph level around 4.0. What are we doing here? We are cultivating a set of organisms we require which we would like to outnumber than the pathogenic organisms. With the change of seasons a new set of organisms start to establish in the poultry environment. It thrives in that particular temperature, humidity and particulate matter. So terminal disinfection and normal sanitation and disinfection in the presence of birds is the art of a good flock manager. This art has to be mastered to get the best results out of a flock and to achieve the target productions with the best quality and profitability. Dr.Rajendra Kumar, MVSc Al Jazira Poultry Farm LLC, Dubai, UAE
Mohammadreza Haddadmarandi
31 de enero de 2011
I need help!!!! Here, in Iran is an outbreak of some uknown disease. I have a problem with disinfection of enviroment. who knows which disinfectant is effective on freezing and cold weather?
Cyril Quist
16 de diciembre de 2011
the use of detergents and water should be considered to be key in reducing cost in any sanitation activity.
haters wanted
30 de septiembre de 2015
what are some sanitary measures that can be taken for broilers
Tarek El Sonousy
2 de abril de 2017
The use of “quats” as cationic detergents is better than we counting on as disinfectant, They are not effective against non-enveloped viruses or mycobacteria and are considered sporostatic but not sporocidal. They have limited effect against Gram-negative bacteria and Pseudomonas. They are pH sensitive, more active at neutral to slightly alkaline pH but lose their activity at pH less than 3.5. QACs are in general, easily inactivated by organic matter, detergents, soaps and hard water (this may vary with the “generation”). QACs are toxic to fish and should not be discharged into water sources(i.e., streams, ponds, lakes). I believed that compound with mixed disinfectants (like gluteraldehyde,formaldehyde with “quats”) is better than single disinfectant Dr. Tarek El sonousy, Egypt
Bhasker pandey
29 de abril de 2018

Dear Sir, please can I use parasitic acid 5 percent as a disinfectant? How to use for poultry disinfectant?

Esperidion Algabre
11 de junio de 2018

Do we need to rotate our disinfectant? Or is the bacteria and virus able to develop resistance against the continuous use of disinfectant?

gibson ebajay
10 de abril de 2021
Explain Feedbacks of the Residents on the Presence of Poulty Farm in Their Area?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister