Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Vitamin E in laying hens diets

The Role of Clay or Vitamin E in Silver Montazah Layer Hens Fed on Diets Contaminated by Lead at Various Levels. Performance and Egg Components

Published: December 30, 2011
Summary
SUMMARY A total number of 240 laying hens and 24 cocks of Silver Montazah strain at 40 weeks of age were randomly divided into 12 groups (20 hens and 2 cocks / each treatment group). Birds in all treatments were nearly similar in the average initial body weights and average daily egg production A 4 x 3 factorial design experiment was performed including four levels of supplemented lead (0. 25...
Related topics:
Authors:
Prof. Dr. Ayyat Mohamed Salah
Recommend
Comment
Farhad Khaligh Gharetappeh
17 de enero de 2012

Every flock in every area of the world may experience, in different levels, the toxicity induced by heavy metals derived from contaminated feed our water sources. Such technical article can undoubtedly be considered as a helpful reference for poultry producers to reduce negative effects expected in such conditions.

Recommend
17 de enero de 2012
Dr. Farhad Khaligh Gharetappeh Thank You for your comment
Recommend
Zahid Hasan
18 de enero de 2012

Thanks Doctor for your valuable and enriched publication about contaminated feed. I am a veterinarian also. I hope to respect you will continue more poultry related publcation and all of its information to me.I am now working as a farm manager at grand parents farm in Bangladesh at CP Group

Recommend
18 de enero de 2012
Mr. Zahid Hasan Dear colleague Please sent your Email, and Thank You for your comment
Recommend
Zahid Hasan
19 de enero de 2012
Thank you again for reply me. My Email: zahidh59@gmail.com . Sir I want to know from you about cobb500 great grand parent related journals,publication,management guide if you kind to me
Recommend
Nitin  Suryavanshi
19 de enero de 2012

A good article about contaminated feed and indicating the efficacy of VIT.E as a potential antioxidant. 
it is also revealed that lead as a contaminant to poultry feed especially in layers is hazardous to human as the meat ,egg .albumen ,liver ,has the potential to absorb these toxic effect ,causing health hazard to humans.

also i wish to know what are the effects on broilers ,and especially the breeders [hatchability % ,embryo deformity ,and subsequent chick performance on farms.]
thanks

Recommend
Pardeep Bansal
19 de enero de 2012

please tell name of clay

Recommend
Jenan Najdat Al-bazzaz
19 de enero de 2012

Thank u dr.ayyat for your useful article. I'm a veternerian and get Msc. degree in poultry diseases. My question dear dr. if there is any toxicity with lead in drinking water of chicken can we treated it with clay or vit. E especialy we know that the bird drink double dose when compard with feed intake and how much we must add to the drinking water for poultry especially brioler breed and how long we must added it?

Recommend
19 de enero de 2012
In this study we used bentonite. Natural clays are crystalline alumino-silicates characterized by their ably to exchange cations without major changes in structure. Zeolite and bentonite are the most common natural clays wed in animal production. Natural clays can be used as feed binders hi feed manufacturing. Natural clays can adsorb toxic products of digestion and decrease the accumulation of toxic substance in animal tissues, thus decreasing the incidence of internal disorders. Natural clays may stimulate the lining of the intestinal tract that increases the production of antibodies, which could then inhibit the onset of enteritis. Addition of natural clays in animal diets improves growth rate, feed conversion and increases return from body gain and final margin. Nutrient digestibility increases by natural clay supplementation in animal diets, due to its low rate of passage.
Recommend
19 de enero de 2012
Dr. Jenan Najdat Al-bazzaz Dr. Zahid Hasan Dr. Nitin Suryavanshi Dr. Pardeep Bansal Please visit my websit: www.ayyat.4t.com There are many manuscripts published in scientific journals related to the use on natural clay
Recommend
Kunal Goyal
2 de febrero de 2013

Respected Dr.,

Does any Clay based Pellet Binder bind vitamins? My specific query is regarding B Group Vitamins.

Is there any suggested particle size of such clay binders?

Thanks & Sincere Regards

Kunal Goyal

Recommend
Mahmood Ali Tabassum
6 de febrero de 2013

Informative article related to contaminated feed and its remedy.

Recommend
Maheswar Rath
6 de febrero de 2013

Dear author,
Your target of the experiment is to project how some clay and vitE support contaminated feed on laying hen.
My point is chicken feed should be properly screened before feeding for commercial purpose when layers are in confined rearing program by farmer. In free range rearing birds has selective eating powers.
My worry is what I should remember from such experiment? If i know from test that the feed is contaminated with heavy metal then how it is fed to bird? Unless the feed is free from such heavy metals, toxins, antitoxins then perhaps any additive to remove the impact is a costly proposal. In my opinion let us look to the brighter side of the layers who are to be protected through planning for best nutrition. Nutritionists use bantonite ,vitE all the time as toxin binder and for better resistance power etc.. Pl let me kindly be enlighten on the targets of your experiment? Thank you sir.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.