Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry Health: Hemorrhagic Fatty Liver Syndrome (HFLS)

Published: October 20, 2008
Summary
In past years, several laying hen flocks in Manitoba have had mortality due to Hemorrhagic Fatty Liver Syndrome (HFLS). In a hen with this condition, damage occurs due to the buildup and oxidation of fat in the liver. The hen dies suddenly from internal bleeding when a damaged blood vessel in the liver ruptures. Clotted blood is often found in the body cavity. HFLS should be suspected if many of t...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Samuel Mwangi
Samuel Mwangi
24 de octubre de 2008

Thank you very much for the informative article about Hemorrhagic Fatty Liver Syndrome (HFLS). I came across this and I thought it was due to aflatoxins. Keep it up!

odusote
odusote
24 de octubre de 2008

Good article about Hemorrhagic Fatty Liver Syndrome (HFLS). Before now, I knew that fatty liver is a problem in broilers especially after 5wk,s but know I know it could be complicated with the haemorrages.
Best regards.

Odusote Tunde

Dr. Habib-ur-Rehman
Dr. Habib-ur-Rehman
19 de noviembre de 2008

This condition of Hemorrhagic Fatty Liver Syndrome (HFLS) also occurred in which are producing less but getting more feed, especially broiler breeders. This condition can be minimised with addition of extra choline, Vit. E and selenium in the feed. 

Thanks and regards.

Dr.Abdul Razak
24 de septiembre de 2014
Thanks ,it's informative. Dr.Razak
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister