Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Laying Hens fed a Corn-Sunflower Meal Diet Supplemented

Performance of Laying Hens fed a Corn-Sunflower Meal Diet Supplemented with Enzymes

Published: December 6, 2007
Summary
The benefits of adding enzymes to better utilize b-glucans by poultry was first observed in the early 1960s (Leslie, 1995). In 1971 Nelson et al. demonstrated the beneficial effect on phosphorus availability of adding phytase to broiler diets. However, it took nearly 20 years before phytase production became economically feasible (van der Klis et al., 1997). Only in recent years has the use of exo...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Amatzia Eyal
6 de diciembre de 2007
Hello Dr Schang, The sunflower meal you used is not the one that's in the market. The brown hen is not the same as the white hen, will the white one have the same result as the brown one? If I want to use ME and not TME, what shall I do? If you have some more information on the regular sunflower meal and white hen, please send it to me. Thank you very much. Amatzia Eyal Poultry nutritionist
Vssprasad Karuturi
7 de diciembre de 2007
Very educative, economical alternative for soyameal when used with enzymes.
Alabi Kehinde
Vetstock nig ltd.
1 de agosto de 2008
There is a need to know the availabity of the enzyme compared to the availabilty of soya. The economy of production should be considered before deciding on the use of materials for feed.
Dr.deepa Ananth
20 de agosto de 2008

Dear Dr. Schang,
The low result on addition of allzyme in your diet might be due to the ingredient corn which is low in NSP. Moreover you have mentioned low fibre sunflower (does it mean high NSP or High fibre with low NSP?). Kindly make this point clear. Hence forth the differenciation of fibre like NDF and ADF as we see in cattle rations are required in poultry rations when we speak about enzymes. The results of this study are very exciting!
Thank you,

Dr. Deepa Ananth

Rama Rao,
3 de octubre de 2008

Dear Dr SCHANG and AZCONA,

Thanks for sharing highly useful infomration to the poultry industry.

I appreciate your data in Table 3.

We also got the similar trend several times (5-6) when we used NSP hydrolysing enzymes in layer diet with varied ingredient and energy concentrations.

Let us hope more effective enzymes will be produced in future and will easen the pressure on energy sources for poultry rearing.

Regards and good luck in your future endeavour.

S.V. Rama Rao
Senior Scientist
PD on Poultry
Hyderabad, India
500 030

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister