Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Of broiler fed a low-energy diet

Nutritional emulsifiers sustains performance of broiler fed a low-energy diet – a new approach to alleviate tropical heat stress

Published: April 26, 2010
Summary
Meeting the nutrient needs of modern intensively reared broilers is a challenge to the feed formulators. The high yielding broiler birds require diets with high nutrient density. Commercial feeds are, therefore, often supplemented with fats and oils to achieve the high energetic density. The fats added to the diet enter the gastro-intestinal tract as part of the digesta in rather big coagulated p...
Related topics
Authors:
Sudipto Haldar
Recommend
Comment
Hafiz Imran Shakoor
18 de mayo de 2010
What would be the scope of supplementing Nutritional emulsifier in low energy diets 2700-2750 Kcal/kg without added fats. As we know fats coming from corn and vegetable origin protein meals high in unsaturated fatty acids. Ingredients does have limited lipase activity just like endogenous phytase activity.
Recommend
Partha  Karmakar
21 de mayo de 2010

Dear Dr Imran
I have been to Pakistan feed industry many times but unfortunately you are right the ME levels are very low ,here you can add on top other than nothing can be done .Also the temp which is given in the processing is very high this destroys the proteins and Vitamins and other enzymes also however any body claims it is heat stable some activity is lost.
Hence the result is poor FCR .You can make some trials by adding extra fat and VOLAMEL the nutritional emulsifier and can show how despite of high feed costs the farmer is gaining by getting a better FCR and can rear one more extra flock in a year .
Their are good breeds in Pakistan and management is also very good but good breeds need high energy and high protein feed to support their growth.
If you want any assitance you can contact regarding VOLAMEL with Mr Bilal +923004004772 or can write a mail to me at partha.karmakar68@gmail.com

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.