Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Poultry nutrition requirements

Nutrient Requirement of Poultry

Published: February 23, 2011
Summary
Poultry diets must be formulated to provide all of the bird's nutrient requirements if optimum growth and production is to be achieved. There are six classes of nutrients: Carbohydrates - the major source of energy for poultry. Most of the carbohydrate in poultry diets is provided by cereal grains. Fats - provide energy and essential fatty acids that are required for some body processes. ...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Essa
23 de febrero de 2011

Nutrient Requirement of Poultry is one of the most important subject in poultry raising. One factor that affects nutrient requirement is the ambient temperature which is not listed in this artical eventhough I like the article as out line which we need to be aware off . I would like to read in depth about this subject . Thank you .

Pro. Dr. essa h AL-Mashhadan
Iraq

Mingan Choct
University of New England
23 de febrero de 2011

The Poultry Cooperative Research Centre (poultrycrc.com.au) has an information portal, i.e., poultryhub.org, where you can find the original article and more articles like this on poultry related topics.

Poultry CRC

Profile picture
Author
24 de febrero de 2011

Where can I find the latest nutrient requirements of poultry, breeders and laying birds. Also the nutrient analysis charts of different ingredients.

Syed Mahmood Akhter
24 de febrero de 2011

Where can I find the latest nutrient requirements of Broilers, breeders and laying birds? Also the charts of nutrient analysis of differents ingredients used in formulating the poultry diet.

Dr. Zaib Ur Rehman
24 de febrero de 2011

Very good article for Nutrient requirements of poultry. They should keep in mind all the above factors during the feed formulation so that maximum production from birds can obtained.

Dr.Sujit Kulkarni
Adisseo
24 de febrero de 2011

Information given in article about Nutrient requirements of poultry is very basic. Need to more focus on specific nutrient requirements with feed formulations .
Dr.Sujit Kulkarni
Orffa Animal Nutrition
India

Profile picture
Author
24 de febrero de 2011

This is an interesting and informative article about Nutrient requirements of poultry. I wonder if it is possible to get a complete article sent to me.
I believe it could be of assistance to small scale producers who will need to know how to feed and when to feed especially in the current escalating poultry feed prices.

Slumber S. Badubi
Department of Agriculral Research
P.O. Box 151
Maun
Botswana

Waseem Alshible
24 de febrero de 2011

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your article about Nutrient requirements of poultry. Regarding ambient temperature, I would like to ask you about the energy riquirements in hot weather.
Do chickens spend many calories for cooling their internal body temperature by evaporation?
How can chickens compensate the loss of energy?
Thanks,

Profile picture
Author
25 de febrero de 2011

Its a good article about Nutrient requirements of poultry , please can we read it in details.

Arshaq Ramzee
26 de febrero de 2011
This short article is, perhaps, published for under grads or school boys.
Dr. Naseem Chaudhry
27 de febrero de 2011

No doubt for balance diet the nutrient requirement plays basic and important role for getting optimum result, 

this article provided complete basic information about Nutrient requirements of poultry. it is good one. 

Naseem Anwar 

Nutritionist

Mohammad Al-HAJJ IBRAHIM
Al-Watania Poultry
1 de marzo de 2011

Interesting article about Nutrient requirements of poultry. Some recent Studies Talk about the bird psychology, that will play a major role in feed intake

Mingan Choct
University of New England
11 de abril de 2011
Some of your comments are right that this is a very basic outline of the nutrient requirements for chickens. The reason is that this was published in the Australian Poultry Cooperative Research Centre's public website, www.poultryhub.org, and therefore it intended to cover a wide range of readers, including undergraduate students and village poultry producers. If you visit poultryhub.org then you should be able to find the links to the detailed breeder guides for nutrient requirements.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister