Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Meat quality

Meat Quality Attributes of broilers supplemented with Herbal Toxin binder Product

Published: October 20, 2011
Summary
Abstract Raw & cooked meat quality is of immense consideration to consumers in present scenario. A study was conducted in 50 unsexed day old broiler chicks with an aim to assess effect of herbal toxin binder product on meat quality attributes. Chicks were randomly divided into two groups. Group I was untreated control (G1), while G2 was given treatment with herbomineral toxin binder (Toxir...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Sudheer Rukadikar
24 de octubre de 2011
I feel, there should have been one group with some chemical toxin binder to compare results of herbominereal toxin binder with those of chemical toxin binder. Economics of inclusion of product should have been included in the studies.
Recommend
Dr. Zaib Ur Rehman
25 de octubre de 2011
Thanks for providing the information of herbal toxin binder on the meat quality characteristics. No doubt herbs have the active components, which have immunobooster antimicrobial properties and affect the meat quality characteristics in positive way. In you research, you use the herbal toxin binder but you does not check the any parameter with which it could be known that it has toxin binding capacity. In the table 3 data shows that raw meat has 56.43 or 55.66 percent protein. Either it is on dry matter basis? Please check it. Cheers, Zaib-ur-Rehman
Recommend
Dr Jaydip Mulik
3 de noviembre de 2011
Dear All, I totally agree with the comments put by Dr Sudhir Rukadikar. While taking any comparative trial for case study you have to consider at least one group of birds which was fed on the feed having any chemical toxin binder used then only this study will be completely elaborative and self explanatory. We expect you will do the needful in your next trial. Regards, Dr Jaydip
Recommend
Shivi  Maini
Shivi Maini
16 de noviembre de 2011
I agree with the suggestion of Dr. Rukadikar. In next trial we will include one group of chemical toxin binder product. We have not undertaken the toxin binder efficacy of the product in this trial & have focussed on meat quality attributes only. The product Toxiroak is already scientifically validated for its efficacy to combat mycotoxicosis & this research is published in international & national journals. So a number of publications on toxin binder efficacy of product are already present. Regards, Dr. Shivi Maini, (corresponding author) Senior Scientist- Clinical Research, Ayurvet Limited, Baddi (H.P.) India
Recommend
Dr Jaydip Mulik
29 de noviembre de 2011
Dear Mr. Shiv Maini, We are awaiting for the results on such comparative trial. Regards, Dr Jaydip
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.