Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Cassava in Broiler diets

Maximising the Energy Value of Cassava Products in Diets for Broiler Chickens

Published: April 13, 2012
Summary
SUMMARY The objective of this study was to investigate the utilization of energy as well as performance of broiler chickens on diets based on cassava chips and pellets with or without enzyme supplements. Feed intake to day 21 was lower (P < 0.01) on the diet containing cassava chips than on diets with maize or cassava pellets, in spite of enzyme supplementation and enzyme supplements improv...
Content from the event:
Related topics:
Authors:
Prof. Paul Iji
University of New England
M. M. Bhuiyan
University of New England
Recommend
Comment
Abideen Busari
10 de mayo de 2012

I´ve read with great interest your article about Cassava Products in Diets for Broiler Chickens. It was a great work. Thousands of farmers have gone out of business in Nigeria as a result of high cost of production triggered by shortage of grains, most importantly maize. I´ve lost over two thousands birds as a result of my worker trying to cut corners in my absence. My business eventually collapsed. I am very curious about this development. My question is, can maize be substituted with cassava in layer birds? If possible, can the substitution affect their layerbility? I know for sure this development is not new. In nigeria for example, we got a renowned successful farmer feeding cassava to his birds. What i am not sure of is if the layer stock are included.

Recommend
Gabin zong
26 de febrero de 2021

Good days, sir, very interesting please give the chat table of the use of cassava and every other ingredient for broiler and turkeys feeds composition by kg. Thanks.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.