Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Adverse season and poultry farming

Management of Poultry in extreme Weather

Published: September 13, 2012
Summary
The environment can be defined as the combination of external conditions which have an impact on animals and humans. Perhaps the most important physiological response of poultry to the environment is the constant maintenance of a homoeothermic state during exposure to extreme ambient temperatures. Environmental stress causes adverse effects on performance of poultry. There are different types of...
Related topics
Authors:
Tufail Banday
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir
Follow
Dr. Madeha Untoo
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Jonaed Ahmad Faisal
3 de octubre de 2012

well done... Interesting article about Management of Poultry in extreme Weather

Ehsan Ul Haq.Ch
5 de octubre de 2012

Good article about Management of Poultry in extreme Weather. High humidity and temperature cuases severe panting in birds. evaporative cooling systems cannot be affactive to reduce temperature, how the eveporative cooling system can be used in humid condition? 

Fogging or cooling pad it self add up humidity in the house. running cooling system on timer is also not a good to acheive affactive temperature. the only way of servival is to acheive wind chill affact by using more and mor CFM per kg . Air exchange rate should be less than 50 seconds.

Farook Kahloon
1 de junio de 2013

Informative article for Management of Poultry in extreme Weather

Dr. Tonmoy Roy
5 de junio de 2013

Nice article about Management of Poultry in extreme Weather. thanks

Dr.asim Khan
6 de junio de 2013

very good article about Management of Poultry in extreme Weather and important point raised by Mr.Ehsan. i think,beside increasing CFM per Kg b.wt,we should also turn our sprinkler or fogger on timer and avoid temprature driven soaking system of cooling pads.Because,it is observed that on temp.driven settings,soaking system run continously which increases humidity. On timer driven settings,we can cool down air little bit according to efficiency of system.

Pratik Lohani
6 de enero de 2014
Sir,in my poultry farm less sunlight enters during winter time what should i do to keep them warm,without much sunlight. thank you,
Dr. Odede R.O.
30 de mayo de 2014
Interesting article as we head to the rainy season and vital guide for our predominant summer. Very accurate account
Ing. Dragan Ionut
1 de octubre de 2015
Interesting article Thank you.
Gedion Mutambo
13 de noviembre de 2015
Very challenging article. I have started to redesign my poultry shade to increase on ventilation vis-a-vis stocking density. Thanks very much for enlighting me on stressors. Gedion Mutambo Kitwe, Zambia
Syed Rehmat
8 de marzo de 2016
Our weather conditions are unpredictable and changed recently. It's very hot here in Sind Pakistan. We need more electricity to run system. Which costs too much. We face no electricity 20 hours daily. Can you suggest any alternative source of energy which cost low against usage of genrators. Shouldn't we built a house in basement? Wouldn't it b possible?
Kasame Trakullerswilai
Saha Farms
15 de noviembre de 2018

Good article for 3.0 last section in the winter.

My opinion may focus on biosecurity too because AI ND IB are more occur in this climate.

SB Group Nepal
29 de agosto de 2023
Loved reading your article. Wish to see more in the coming days.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister