Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

How pathogens affect the trachea in poultry

Forum: How pathogens affect the trachea

Published: November 8, 2010

The trachea is an important defense line in the respiratory system and whole body system. The essential weapons of the trachea are cilia and mucosal secretions any fault in behavior of the weapons due to escape of the organisms and affect the body.
How do pathogens affect the trachea??
1-ND Newcastle disease: this disease due to cilia less of the trachea after 2 days of infection.
2-IB infection bronchitis: this virus affected the subepithelial cells of the trachea and due to edema in these cells and slough of the epithelial cells.
3-MG mycoplasma gallisepticum: MG after enter the trachea it will secrete the metabolic materials due to necrosis of the cilia and due to cilia less so the MG enter to the respiratory system.
4-ILT infection Laryngotracheitis: the proliferation of this virus and aggregate of viruses copy in the vacuoles in cytoplasm of the tracheas cells due to death of the tracheas cell by apoptosis and slough of the epithelial cells.
5- The important pathogens affected the trachea and whole respiratory system is
ND+IB+MG:
When these diseases incorporated to affect the trachea and this allied happened in the poultry field when we the live vaccines of ND+IB applied by spray and the broiler affected by MG (CRD) I saw in the upper trachea mucosal secretions and in the bronchi I saw the fibrinous plugs due to mortem of birds by asphyxia.
How we can evade this problem:
We must not applied the two live vaccines simultaneously especially which is used for the respiratory system protection (there must be intervals of 15 days between 2 applied).
Monitoring of the MG in the broiler breeder.
Don’t vaccinate the ill birds (and we must always remember that the vaccine for protection and the time of vaccine isn’t imperative).
Good applied for the vaccine because the take (reaction) of abused vaccine is worst than infection in itself.
Don’t vaccine the broilers in age up 25 days old because it will due to carcass contamination in the slaughter house.
Thank you
(It is my pleasure to be one from the engormix family).

Related topics
Authors:
Waseem Alshible
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr.lalit Belwal
Dr.lalit Belwal
10 de noviembre de 2010
Dear Dr.Waseem Alshible You have made a commendable attempt at explaining vulnerability of avian upper respiratory tract (URT). However I would like to recommend that since this is an international platform for expressing your views and many non-technical people rely on the information transmitted through these pages.I would request that you consult someone better command over written English for editing your writeup because you may have tried in earnest to share your experiences but grammatical and syntactic errors generate ambiguity and a wrong conclusion may be drawn. I am not in agreement with your views on vaccines (single or combined ) precipitating a ciliary crisis in URT. worked with poultry vaccines for nearly 33 years I am in favour of ND+IB vaccines provided the vaccine has been formulated with appropriate vaccine virus strains for a particular chick age. Consequent to wide spread parent vaccination before and during laying period chicks these days are hatched with very high passive immunity preventing active immunization in terms of humoral immunity and therefore sensitization of URT epithelium gains importance and can be achieved by early vaccinations either by careful spray vaccination or i/o or i/n instillation. Ratio of ND and IB component is a criticality which only expert vaccine manufacturer can achieve otherwise IB can interfere with ND immunization. Chicks with low HI antibodies whether parental or post vaccination at the time of vaccination may react to stronger vaccine virus strains. MG is an opportunistic pathogen and you have rightly pointed out increased susceptibility of chicks which may react to stronger vaccines in case of low antibody chicks. Always available for consultation on vaccine related issues.Thanks for your patience. Dr.Lalit Belwal
Waseem Alshible
12 de noviembre de 2010
Dear Dr.Lalit Belwal The usage of two vaccines IB & ND simultaneously can cause bad reaction in the tracheas cilia. (You can review the Diseases of Poultry by Y.M Saif) We all must pay attention to the maternal antibody of the IB that protects the oviduct from infection and doesn´t affect the IB live vaccine or infection. So all references focused on the seriousness of the IB infection on the one-day old chickens, especially layers, and the protection of trachea have no relation with the Humoral immunity. Birds in the 18th day of the incubation period swallow the amniotic fluid which has IgA (antibody) for local protection (review the Alberta University bulletins). Thank you and nice to meet you on my favorite website engormix.com Thank you for your comment. Best Regards
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister