Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Feed Passage in Broilers: A Complex Problem

Published: June 10, 2008
Summary
"Feed passage," or, more accurately, the passage of undigested feed in the feces of broilers, continues to be reported in broiler integrations on a sporadic basis. The incidence and severity are much lower at present than during 1996 when global reports of feed passage occurred following consecutive years of poor grain harvests. At that time, broilers were passing undigested feed in the feces and...
Related topics
Authors:
Richard Miles
University of Florida
Follow
Gary Butcher
University of Florida
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Abideen Busari
10 de junio de 2008

Frankly speaking, most of the articles coming from Florida are brilliant and full of useful information. I would urge the writers to continue in their research as they are helping us, people from a disadvantaged continent [Africa] to move with time. The writers are helping in no small way in boosting food production in the continent. Every bit of the useful information would be put into use in my business. The result would be given in the next twelve months in the form of an article on this page. It is my dream to be one of the major producers of poultry in Africa.

Munawar Ali
Islamabad Group
13 de junio de 2008

Very good article full of knowledge about feed passage in broilers. Congratulation for the article. Hoping further articles of these types.

Dr. Munawar Ali

Drmanjunc
JAPFA Group
27 de agosto de 2008
The seriousness of the problem is quite serious, more so in monsoon season here in India .
Dr. Karki Kedar
29 de agosto de 2008

Frankly speaking, most of the articles coming from Florida are brilliant and full of useful information. This article about Feed Passage in Broilers is very interesting. I would urge the writers to continue in their research as they are helping us, people from a disadvantaged continent [Asia] to move with time. The writers are helping in no small way in boosting food production in the continent. Every bit of the useful information would be put into use in my business. The result would be given in the next twelve months in the form of an article on this page. It is my dream to be one of the major consultant of poultry in Nepal.

Sergio Velez
Alimentos CCR
28 de agosto de 2009

Good Article about feed passage in broilers but unfortunately the problem of feed passage seems to continue being a mystery and in those same terms its solution still eludes us.

Tahomma Richards
East Caribbean Group of Companies
24 de julio de 2012

In anyones expert opinon can skipping a fasein a stage 3 feeding program (starter, grower, finsher) cause The feed passage syndrome in Broilers?

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister