Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

First phylogenetic analysis of new Newcastle virus strain isolates in Algeria

Published: December 22, 2017
Summary
Introduction: Newcastle disease in chicken is caused by an avian paramyovirus serotype 1 (APMV1), it is one of the most economically and prevalent pathology around the world. It was first identified in Java (INDONESIA) in 1926 and 1927 in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England. However, it may have been prevalent as early as 1898, when a disease wiped out all the domestic fowl in North West Sc...
Related topics
Authors:
Mohamed.Amine BOUDERBAL
Ceva Animal Health
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Dr Abdulwahab Kammon
27 de diciembre de 2017
Good work. We have isolated and characterized APMV-1 genotype VII from poultry in Libya during multiple outbreaks on 2013. A paper was published in Avian Diseases: Abdulwahab Kammon, Alireza Heidari, Abdunaser Dayhum, Ibrahim Eldaghayes, Monier Sharif, Isabella Monne, Giovanni Cattoli, Abdulatif Asheg , Milad Farhat, and Elforjani Kraim (2015) Characterization of Avian Influenza and Newcastle disease viruses from Poultry in Libya. AVIAN DISEASES 59:422–430. Genotype VII is now circulation in north Africa.
Mohamed.Amine BOUDERBAL
Ceva Animal Health
28 de diciembre de 2017
Dr Abdulwahab Kammon Dear Profesor, Thank you for your kind comment, i had the opportunity to read your very interesting article about Avian influenza and APMV 1, that remind me of the epidemiological situation here in Algeria, we identified also the G1 like avian influenza LP.
Bouadjedia imene
3 de abril de 2019

Mohamed.Amine BOUDERBAL 
hello doctor, would it be possible to ask you the publication on the AIV you are referring to? I thank you in advance

Alloui Nadir
28 de diciembre de 2017

Very good work!

Mohamed.Amine BOUDERBAL
Ceva Animal Health
28 de diciembre de 2017
Nadir Alloui Merci Pr Alloui pour votre commentaire
Lounas Abdelaziz
28 de diciembre de 2017
Well done. I personnelly agree with you about Circulation of APMV Genotype VII in algerian poultry flocks and its huge economic losses. Dear dr you said in your paper that genotype VII replaces genotype V!!!! May i ask you about the refrence that speaks about existance of genotype V in algerian flocks? Salutations
ABED
3 de enero de 2018
Congratulations for this publication. Do you have any other isolates done in Algeria? I ask you this question to see the evolution of Algerian strains in a phylogenetic tree. In advance, thank you for your answer. Dr. ABED
Mohamed.Amine BOUDERBAL
Ceva Animal Health
8 de enero de 2018

ABED Thank you for your comment Dr Abed.

Are you asking about ND Virus or other pathologies?

ABED
8 de enero de 2018
ABED Yes, other Algerian isolates of NDV. Best regards. Mouna ABED
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister