Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Feed Conversion ratio in broilers

Published: November 16, 2014

May I know the best FCR in broiler worldwide?

Related topics
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Recommend
Comment
Pho Than MG
23 de febrero de 2015
Thanks for all discussions.
Recommend
Sajjad Hameed Siddiquee
8 de abril de 2015
FCR in broilers depends on several factors. I am achieving an FCR of 1.5 after I made some changes in shed management and good brooding practices recently. Now I am getting 1 kg body weight of broiler in 18 days with < 1 % mortality...
Recommend
George Haruna
22 de mayo de 2021
Sajjad Hameed Siddiquee greetings, please Sir I will love to know those brooding practices that gave you an edge in FCR and what u did to make you have less than 1 percent mortality.
Recommend
Robert Huggins
8 de abril de 2015
What strain of broiler are you using?
Recommend
Safdar Javed
1 de mayo de 2015
Pakistan. Bird 30000. Mortalty 3% . Breed cobb 500. Avg wt 2.55kg. Days 44. Fcr1.68.cost of production per kg 0.9 usd. Market price 1.15 usd
Recommend
Robert Huggins
6 de mayo de 2015
Although you F.C.R of 1.68 looks good for 44 day old broilers, the bodyweight is 369 g less than what is shown in the 2012 Cobb 500 broiler management guide. This could easily happen if you are using open-sided houses and the temperature is above 23C which puts your birds about 4 days behind target weight. If using opensided houses some additional improvements can be obtained by feeding the birds during the cooler times of the day. Mortality is also quite good.
Recommend
Poultry Mania
26 de octubre de 2015
I think, FCR mainly depend on good quaility of feed ingredients & others factors are secondary issue. In Bangladesh, we provide 1.4 FCR by our feed named RRP poultry feed manufactured by Rafique Medicine this year. After 50 bag consumption @1000 birds target weight 1850 standard @30-32 days.
Recommend
Debashis Maji
15 de julio de 2016
Dr. Sohan Hada Can you please guide me how can it achieve.
Recommend
Muhammad Asad
9 de agosto de 2016
by using cobb 500 and ross strain i attain 1.48 fcr on the 2.14 kg weight gain in a 35 day period.
Recommend
Tawfik
9 de agosto de 2016
what diets must use to get 2 kg at 36 days? can any body tell me we try and try but there is nothing like this real stater? grower? finsher?
Recommend
Tawfik
9 de agosto de 2016
can any body help me with my poultry whats apps 00962798135471 is there program for make diets can use?
Recommend
Tawfik
31 de agosto de 2016

I think get 2 kg at 36 days just talk not true we try in Jordan many type of feed without get 1.7 kg
what that super feed all talk about?

Starter? 23
Grower? 20
Finisher? 18
We try that

Recommend
Tawfik
31 de agosto de 2016

Safdar Javed
Muhammad Asad
What did you feed them to get weight as you said?

Recommend
aziz ahmad
23 de diciembre de 2016
Now a days, in Pakistan thing are beings changes with better nutritional strategies, good management practices and environmental houses. Farmers are getting 1.45 to 1.5 FCR at age of 35 days. In my opinion still there is potential for even better FCR. Dr. Aziz ahmad poultry nutritionist
Recommend
georgegift
13 de enero de 2017

Please, I am in Nigeria and need your help to raise broiler under 42 days. Feed over here is expensive and I don't make profit as a student. I do it simply because I love farming. Thank you.

Recommend
Indrapal Singh
15 de julio de 2017
What is CFCR?? In detail
Recommend
GANESH s. Nimse
27 de noviembre de 2018

I have ap 95 birds, but it's not giving good result, it's giving 2.11 FCR for 1.2 kg weight of bird.i think cobb 400 is better for Maharashtra (India) environment.

Recommend
Ariyo Tubosun
18 de agosto de 2019

Greetings to everyone, here in Nigeria using top feed products, I had a weight of 2.7kg in 35days with FCR of 1.42. This is my observation: apart from good/balanced feed, you need to have good breed to have a fantastic FCR because after that set of broiler the next batch I reared gave me FCR of 1.9 with weight of 1.6kg in 32 days under same management. Good breeds matter a lot in having a fantastic FCR.

Recommend
Ogbonna Wilfred
6 de septiembre de 2019

Ariyo Tubosun

Wonderful, which breed do you use, sir?

Recommend
Divya
19 de octubre de 2019
Pls tell me how to calculate fcr and cfcr
Recommend
Oyewo Oyeyemi
Olam Group
11 de marzo de 2020
In Nigeria, with hot season, we can achieve FCR of 1.6 to 1.7 with 2kg at 35days. House ventilation, water temperature and good feed formulation has lots to do with effective broiler production especially in open house system commonly practiced in the tropics like Africa. Use of antibiotics is becoming unpopular. I think ethnoveterinary aspect needed to be focused.
Recommend
Sooraj V Mathew
21 de marzo de 2020
In india which is the best broiler breed for poultry farming..? Ross AP 95 or Cobb??
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.