engormix
search
search
We will be present at:
June 23, 2019 to June 26, 2019
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States

Feed Additives Market in the Middle East: CIBENZA® DP100 Enzyme Feed Additive and MINTREX® Trace Minerals

Video information
See more
remove_red_eye 2343 forum 43 bar_chart Statistics share
Share :
close
Badal Singh Badal Singh
veterinary science
March 27, 2018
Without another NSP enzyme cibenza can work...?
March 27, 2018
Badal Singh yes sure Cibenza db 100 can work without NSP enzyme ,
Because NSP enzyme work on non starch poly saccharide to release energy and cibemza is another issue its work on undigestible protein for maximum benefit .
Badal Singh Badal Singh
veterinary science
March 27, 2018
Yania El Sayed ok thanks
Ang Lee Ang Lee
Technical Manager
May 4, 2018
Badal Singh we chose exogenous to be used , just for improve digestibility...if without it , endogenous enzyme also can digest ingredients . ....
April 17, 2018

Dear Srs, of course, each enzyme can work alone. But generally, the best results are possible to obtain using a proper mix composition of several different enzymes. Synergic effect: each enzyme destroying their specific substrate, and as a result, these enzymes working together and stronger. Of course, composition of enzymes mix is depending on the feed receipt, because each feed contains different anti-nutritional factors. This is my everyday work in Kronos Agro LLC, Ukraine. If you have questions, I will be glad to answer.

Dimcho Djouvinov Dimcho Djouvinov
Animal Nutritionist
April 24, 2018
In majority of formulations in poultry industry phytase and NSPases are included in the diets. Adding protease as a 3rd exogenous enzyme does not bring significant additional benefit. Need to consider ROI of protease.
Aaron Cowieson Aaron Cowieson
Research
DSM DSM
May 17, 2018
Dimcho Djouvinov Actually in our work we have shown that this is not the case. In a large meta-analysis of more than 60 broiler performance trials we saw no deterioration in protease efficacy at all whether phytase was present in the diet or not. In fact, the right protease can improve access to phytate for phytases by degradation of the phytate protein globoids and may help with amino acid availability which allows the benefit of myo-inositol to be more fully appreciated (as myo-inositol upregulates pathways involved in protein accretion). We also have several recent studies (some published, others in press) showing clear benefits of protease in diets that already contain xylanase and high levels of phytase - on performance, amino acid digestibility, energy digestibility and gut health. Finally, you should note that the beneficial effect of phytase on amino acid digestibility is poorly dose-dependent and so 'superdosing' will not deliver more amino acids than a more conventional dose (this has recently been confirmed in both pigs and poultry by independent labs) so the move toward higher levels of phytase does not compromise the need for additional enzymes. The effect of phytase on AA digestibility also originates largely from reduced endogenous AA loss and not much from improved dietary AA digestibility (evidenced by the strong correlation between the AA matrix for phytase and the AA profile of mucin and pepsin as well as mechanistic studies on phytate as an antinutrient). The effect of protease is much more on the dietary protein solubility and digestibility.
Dr Piotr Stanislawski Dr Piotr Stanislawski
Nutritionist
April 24, 2018

I agree with Fiodor (hello my Friend)- each enzyme works with specific substrate and can destroy specific antinutrients. Protease has also a specific role- working with polipeptides and support endogenous enzymes. In my calculations is usually profitable-allows to decrease AA (including limiting ones eg.Arg-Isol-Hist-Gly which are not always calculated by feed formulators). Low CP/AA diet are not the target, of course; savings are not significant. NSP enzymes working with protein source RM (SBM, sunflower, rapeseed...) influence on protein release and digestibility but they work totally differently than protease.
My choice is always phytase in high dose (as the first), NSP (as standard) and protease for high AA diets (as broiler feed, particularly starter).
Dimcho- try to calculate it in proper formula. The target is to decrease the feed cost, not to improve a good formula.

April 25, 2018

Dear colleagues, thanks a lot for your opinion. From my point of view, it is important to understand the difference between NSP&phytase and proteases. Monogastric digestion system does not contain NSP&phytase enzymes; however, it contains endogenous proteases. Question is activity of these proteases is not enough for complete hydrolysis of feed protein. The advanced poultry crosses like Cobb require more protein as they can digest, this is genetically determined. So, we need to help to digest high protein. Such logic was developed by Novus using Cibenza. Of course, it can be also other commercially available proteases, too.

April 26, 2018
I 100 % agree with Dr. Fiodor Marchenkvo as it is a very valuable comment& information as most of the doctors know about it but most of my colleges don't care about it. I am grateful to Dr.Fiodor Marchenkyo for this information to remind every person its importance.

Thanks,

Dr. M .Mazhar Khan.
 Dr. Vijay Swami Dr. Vijay Swami
Country Manager -SunHy Biology
May 2, 2018
I have little doubt, substrate use for protease, pure protein is best one or dipeptides, what will be the perfect combination of acidic, neutral and alikaline protease? How to elevate the activity of pepsin and trypsin as it's a endogenous for protein digestion?
Nutritionist
May 2, 2018
Dr. Vijay Swami Could you write more clear what is your doubt? I don't get the point.
May 2, 2018
dr Piotr Stanislawski I want to know what is best combination percentage for acidic, neutral and alkaline protease. In the defination of protease which substrate is best, pure protein or dipeptide?
Steffen Hansen Steffen Hansen
Animal Nutritionist
May 2, 2018
Dr. Vijay Swami, It´s the other way around. You choose an enzyme based on the raw materials that are in the feed. If you already have dipeptides in the GI tract the need for proteases is small.

Alkaline proteases should be avoided. Theses proteases are most likely developed for detergents not for animal feed. The efficacy of an enzyme is to a large degree determined by it´s optimum pH level. In the crop you can have very light alkaline conditions, but apart from that you never have alkaline conditions in the digesta. Therefore it makes no sense to use alkaline proteases.
Nutritionist
May 4, 2018
Dr. Vijay Swami I'm a bit late; Steffen Hansen explanation is almost sufficient.Some additional words; I work with serine endoprotease (ProAct) which is less specific protease,working on protein chain with preference for hydrophobic AA (eg. Cys, Leu, Tyr, Ile) and supporting more specific endoprotease like Trypsine (preference for Arg, Lys). "Together" they can do more and make the protein more digestable (less undigested protein) lowering the negative impact of undigested protein. And the activity is in low pH,of course.
May 7, 2018
dr Piotr Stanislawski , thanks for your suggestion, other than serine protease, which other active center will be helpful. Like metalloprotinease or carboxyl protease. Can u explain on this please. Please put you valuable opinion on this..
May 7, 2018
Steffen Hansen , I agree with your points, but still if you see many product having combination of all 3 types of protease and by comparing the field results also they shown a good result compared with single protease compound..
May 2, 2018

Very nice.

Hamid Ibrahim Ismail Hamid Ibrahim Ismail
PhD Poultry nutrition
May 2, 2018

I am very glad to follow this discussion about the efficacy of enzymes in poultry feeds, however, we conducted much research on the addition of growth promoters,( yeast, herbs, enzymes or probiotics etc.) and don't found any significant improvement of the broiler chicken performance in most cases This can be attributed to the differences in the feed ingredients used, because in Sudan poultry feed formula based mainly on sorghum and groundnut cake, therefore, more research should be done in accordance to feed components used.

May 3, 2018
In my opinion, specific enzyme like protease should be as homologous as endogenous enzymes hence enzyme can work with more efficacy on protein raw materials which we are using in poultry feed and also should act on broad ph level, hence acceleration rate can increase with more contact time of enzyme and substrate and finally all applications should be cost effective.
May 3, 2018
I have an issue with all these enzymes.They all have matrix to be used while each matrices releases protein and energy.Phytase enzymes have matrix releases protein, energy and phosphorus.When we take take full advantage of each matrix won't there be lower performance.Is it not better to consider each specific nutrient than taking advantage of protein and AA alone in a protease enzymes
Steffen Hansen Steffen Hansen
Animal Nutritionist
May 4, 2018
foluso akanji You have a very good point. The effect of endogenous enzymes is not additive nor linear. If you add e.g. phytase in combination with an NSP degrading enzyme you should decrease the expected energy and amino acid release from one of the enzymes. If the feed formulator apply the matrix values uncritically when combining two or more enzymes, it will end up with an unbalanced diet not meeting the animals´ nutritional requirements.
May 4, 2018
Steffen Hansen
Thank you Steffen Hansen
Nutritionist
May 4, 2018
I fully agree with Steffen. The extra AA in a matrix have different origin depending on enzyme and the substrate (same with energy). Using enzymes combination we have usualy better results but never additive as Steffen underlined.
May 7, 2018
@ Dear Dr. Hansen, is there any feedback mechanism involved when exogenous proteases are supplemented in poultry diets. To be more specific-does the presence of exogenous proteases in GIT of the chicken exert some negative feedback mechanism on the production of endogenous proteases?
Dr Ajay Bhoyar Dr Ajay Bhoyar
Global Poultry Manager
Novus International Novus International
Missouri, United States
May 7, 2018
To provide some more insights in this interesting discussion around protease:

CIBENZA® DP100 enzyme feed additive works well in combination with other feed enzymes like phytase, even in super-dosing conditions. A trial in 2016 was completed (Gonzalez-Esquerra, et. al.) where the cumulative effect of the specific actions of protease and phytase resulted in the betterment of animal performance.

Another article done in conjunction with an independent nutrition consultant discusses the mode and scope of action of the CIBENZA® DP100 additive in detail if you would like to learn more.
Link: https://en.engormix.com/pig-industry/articles/improving-precision-feeding-protease-t41393.htm
May 8, 2018

Dr Ajay Bhoyar Excellent comment by my friend Ajay Bhoyar
RATAN SHARMA

Sushil Chandra Sushil Chandra
Master in Poultry Nutrition 1975
May 8, 2018

Good observation.
Dr. Chandra

Luis Mansilla Luis Mansilla
Agro Engineer Zootechnist
Agrovet Market S.A Agrovet Market S.A
Lima, Peru
May 8, 2018

Good morning distinguished members:
I agree with the opinions of Drs. Fiodor Marchenkov and Ajay Bhoyar. It is good to reaffirm that there are reference enzymes such as the phytase that acts effectively on the phytic acid, in the measure of the size of the substrate. It is also one of the most versatile enzymes within the synergistic interactions with other enzymes such as eg. xylanase, protease and glucoamylase.
When phytase is used associated with enzymes that hydrolyze non-starch polysaccharides, that can increase the accessibility of phytase to phytin encapsulated in cell walls. I consider worth mentioning a study about the interaction of amylase combined with glucoamylase or protease, which showed a beneficial effect on the digestibility of starch and the diversity of the intestinal microbiota, generating a greater growth of broilers fed with corn.
In conclusion, it is demonstrated through various works that the addition of endogenous multienzymes in the ration generate a greater profitability in poultry production.
Fraternal greetings from Peru.

May 17, 2018
Luis Mansilla San Miguel Dear Luis, you are absolutely right. Also one important point is oil (naturally contained or added extra). In splite of high energy content, oil is causing pseudo-coating substrate effect and decreased effectivity of other feed enzymes. So, lipase is very helpful to make it soluble.So, it reason to use together phytase, NSP-enzymes and lipase, too. Unfortunately now price of commercial lipase is to high to add it to each feed receipt...
May 9, 2018
Major problem and point to consider are.
How to control Smell: if go for without coating.
Coating material use: which effect on release.
heavy metals sometimes get in analysis:
Ca or Na Butyrate: Still no exact clarification.
Definitely Price is another issue.
Dr Ajay Bhoyar Dr Ajay Bhoyar
Global Poultry Manager
Novus International Novus International
Missouri, United States
May 9, 2018
With all due regards to views expressed earlier in this discussion regarding di peptides and action of exogenous alkaline proteases, following is Novus's viewpoint:

We know that there is un-digestible protein fraction in all diets/feed ingredients (i.e. protein and amino acid digestibility is not 100%). The undigested protein is the substrate for exogenous proteases.
Further, if protein can be digested earlier in the GI tract, then amino acids and peptides can be adsorbed earlier. This means there would be less amino acids available for bacterial adsorption, which in turn might improve gut health by minimizing dysbacteriosis.

Alkaline proteases are able to work at the pH of the small intestine (6-7), they just work optimally at higher pH. This means an alkaline protease can function at the pH of the small intestine.
Luciano Andriguetto Luciano Andriguetto
Owner of Ithaca Feed Solutions, Professor of Animal Nutrition at UFPr
May 9, 2018
Dear All,

I would like to add a few comments. If we look at ruminant nutrition, it is very common to analyse NFDN or NIDA, referring to protein associated with cell wall. I understand this explains why proteases yield better results when associated with NSP enzymes, and even phytase. I also understand that the association of proteases is always better than one single protease, as we will have endo and exoprotease activity, and specificity for different aminoacids, besides the pH range. It is worth mentioning that even as we classify enzymes as acidic or neutral or alkaline, it does not mean exclusive activity, rather maximum activity, as all enzymes have highest acitvity at preferred pH, decreasing slowly as pH moves away from optimum. So having all three enzymes is an assurance that we will see activity, regardless of diet composition, buffering capacity (which is higher in high protein diets), presence of organic acids or butyrate, limestone, different sources of phosphorus, micotoxin binders, etc. Proteases are also very useful for animals origin protein ingredientes, as we all know that the biggest problem in using these materials is their variability in composition and digestibility, and again, having more than one protease will provide a better result than a single one. And as was mentioned before, nowadays, with the prohibition on the use of antibiotics, avoiding undigested protein at the end of the digestive tract is an important means of preventing the growth of Clostridium, which is a proteolytic bacteria, fermenting and growing preferably on protein than carbohidrates. Finally, I would just like to add that, in my opinion, one big advantage of having a multienzyme complex, with NSP enzymes, proteases and phytase is an excellent way to handle one single matrix, removing the guessing from trying to bring different matrixes together, besides the safety in the mixing plant. And last but not least, always, when working with enzymes, we must remember that all benefits really depend on the ingredients. So it is of utmost importance that the nutritionist understand the products s/he is working with, both enzymes and ingredients, and figure for him or herself how to best apply the suggested matrix. As a nutritionist, I personally prefer to consider an amount of nutrients out of an enzyme product enough to pay for it, with a little margin, and leave the rest of the suggested matrix for the animals to show in the field, as better performance!
May 10, 2018
Luciano Andriguetto Dear Luciano, absolutely agree with you! Many different martix values in a single feed receipt is unreasonable. My firm have experience of one matrix values table for a enzyme blend containing 6 different enzymes activities. Question is that such matrix not easy to develop, necessary to perform a lot of laboratory tests in vitro, and than follow in vivo. Buy it is really correct way to reach high result.
Kamaran Abbas Kamaran Abbas
Research
May 11, 2018

Dr. Fiodor S. Marchenkov , I agree with you. I used multi enzymes in broiler diet with certified origen, has good results. when we used other origen multi enzymes the same results was not found. This indicates the differences in results obtained from other friends who discussed the issue above.

Would you like to discuss about this topic: Feed Additives Market in the Middle East: CIBENZA® DP100 Enzyme Feed Additive and MINTREX® Trace Minerals?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Products
MINTREX® is a next-generation trace mineral and is defined as a chelate...
Finding ways to improve feed efficiency is critical to profitability. When ...
As feed ingredient prices exhibit greater volatility and resources become s...