Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effects of Fermentation Product of S. cerevisiae XPC™ in Chicken Diets on Resistance against Infectious Bronchitis Virus

Published: August 12, 2015
Summary
The commercial Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation product XPC™, often used as feed additive in poultry production, has been associated with enhanced immune functions. We evaluated immune responses and protection after IBV challenge in naïve and infectious bronchitis virus (IBV)- vaccinated specific-pathogen-free white leghorn chickens (groups n=50 each) receiving XPC at feed-additiv...
Related topics:
Authors:
Haroldo Toro
Auburn University
Recommend
Comment
Aftab anwar
17 de junio de 2018

How to control secondary colibacillosis after IB, Became more of an issue than the IB itself. I am Badly Suffering due to secondary infection this 4th broiler flock hit by IB. IB is cure but secondary colibacillosis make my bird crazier, specially suffering due to e-coli and bird reduce the feed intake Please advise me how to treat Boiler Bird.
Regards
Aftab Anwar.

Recommend
Joy Ho
18 de junio de 2018

Secondary colibacillosis due to primary viral respiratory infection generally sets in about 10 days after primary viral infection and once you see the symptoms at post-mortem, treatment can only be with antibiotic, but recovery may not be 100% as severity in each bird varies. Doing a sensitivity test on culture can better allow the selection of an effective antibiotic. Meanwhile if possible add vit B12 in water to stimulate intake.
Using vaccines to control IB is a better solution for future flocks.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.