Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effects of dietary calcium and available phosphorus levels and phytase supplementation on performance, bone mineral density, and serum biochemical bone markers in aged white egg-laying hens

Published: August 24, 2021
Summary
INTRODUCTION Phytase is commonly supplemented in laying hen diets to increase the bioavailability of P and Ca. Dietary phytase supplementation increases Ca and P digestibility (Beutler, 2009), egg production, BW, eggshell quality, and bone quality in egg-laying hens (Hughes et al., 2009; Pelicia et al., 2009) and increases blood myo-inositol concentration in broilers (Sommerfeld et al., 2018)....
Related topics
Authors:
Abiodun Bello
IFF - International Flavors & Fragrances
Follow
yueming dersjant-li
IFF - International Flavors & Fragrances
Follow
Doug Korver
University of Alberta
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
George Entz
27 de agosto de 2021
Hello, Were the birds fed different particle size Cal. and if so, what was the ratio? And was it consistent across all diets?
Doug Korver
University of Alberta
28 de agosto de 2021
Hello George: We fed 1/3 small particle and 2/3 large particle across all treatments.
George Entz
29 de agosto de 2021
Hello Doug Korver, Thank-you for your response. Looking forward to your 4th webinar for PIP as well, as I think you'll cover this subject as well then,maybe? Kind Regards,
Satish Sharma
Anthem Biosciences Private Limited
30 de agosto de 2021

Dear All,

I have experienced usage of Vitamin K2 MK7 ( Menaquinone - analog of vitamin K ) along with Inorganic calcium improvising deposition of calcium on Bones.

I understand that Menaquinone metabolizes efficient absorption of Calcium at the right places. An enriched formula containing Calcium, Phytase with Vitamin K2 M7 is a perfect recipe for bone health.

Mike Stahl
14 de febrero de 2023
Satish Sharma we are currently using vitamin k3 Menadione sodium bisulfite and Menadione nicotinamide bisulfite is the one you are referring to different? what have you seen is the optimum inclusion level in layers ,,, per finish ton of feed of added k3 Thanks Mike
Satish Sharma
Anthem Biosciences Private Limited
6 de abril de 2023
Satish Sharma Hi Mike, Apologies for delay in reply. We have seen good results with Menaquinone inclusion at ppm levels in the feed. Will be delighted to work on your queries. Satish.s@anthembio.com
Mike Stahl
13 de febrero de 2023
Hi Doug can you send me your email please Thanks Mike Stahl i need to ask you a question on one of your research projects
Doug Korver
University of Alberta
14 de febrero de 2023
Mike Stahl Hi Mike, good to hear from you. Feed intake ranged from 97 to 113 g per bird per day. If you have the original paper, this information can be found in Table 3. We didn't report feed intake before and after the trial, other than to make sure the birds were eating and producing well before the start of the trial. If you don't have the original paper, you can send me an email at doug.korver@ualberta.ca.
Mike Stahl
14 de febrero de 2023
Doug Korver thanks Doug got it Mike
Mike Stahl
13 de febrero de 2023

Hi, Doug

Great research,

Maybe I missed it: what was the feed intake of those birds, and between the groups, before and after the trial?

Thanks, Mike

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister