Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

bromhexine on chicken

Effects of bromhexine on the penetration of enrofloxacin into bronchial secretions of chicken

Published: October 20, 2011
Summary
Introduction Bromhexine and its main metabolite, ambroxol, (trans-4-[(2-amino-3.5-dibromobenzil) amino] cyclohexanol hydrochloride) have been widely used therapeutically in the treatment of lung diseases because of their mucolytic properties, as well as their ability to stimulate the release of surfactants substances, standardize the production of mucus and facilitate expectoration. Recent stu...
Recommend
Comment
Joseph Romano
18 de octubre de 2013
Hello Can you please tell me if there is a red liquid or powder Broomhexine that has a proforming enhanceing effect on racing pigeons Please let me know asap Thank You Joseph Romano
Recommend
Nora Mestorino
Universidad Nacional de La Plata - UNLP
18 de octubre de 2013
Dear Romano, Bromhexine is a mucolytic, formulated as a solution. Not a performance enhancing. Thanks Nora Mestorino
Recommend
oumed gerjis
26 de septiembre de 2017
dear sir thanks for nice article I appreciate to know can bromhexin be given in combination with florfenicol? does bromhexin really have mucolytic action does it dissolve caseous naterial in bronchial bifurcation of chicks infected with IBV and ecoli? best Regards Oumed
Recommend
Raven Yang
1 de diciembre de 2020

Can a second dosage of 5 days be administered 2weeks after the first dosage? Chicken have breathing problems again after 2 weeks.

Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.