Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of Reduced Early Growth Rate on the Protein Requirement of Roaster Chickens

Published: November 26, 2008
Summary
How does early growth rate alter the response to the crude protein level in roaster diets? How is the mortality of birds kept to roaster weight affected by early body weight gain? A study was conducted by Hank Classen and Carlyle Bennett at the University of Saskatchewan to answer these questions. A total of 1440 broiler cockerels, 720 each of two different broiler strains, were placed at one ...
Related topics:
Recommend
Comment
Dr.Iftikhar Ahmad Mashhadi
26 de noviembre de 2008
The article by Carlyle Bennett, is a good effort but it would be more fruitful if the author mentions the amount of feed provided in each phase and treatments. Overall I appreciate for the work done by Mr.Carlyle Bennett.
Recommend
Arshaq Ramzee
27 de noviembre de 2008
It is suggested that author should also include effect of different temperature levels with protein percentage. I think at higher temperature a low density and low protein diet is more beneficial as compared to low temperature or a high density high protein diet is more beneficial at lower temperature.
Recommend
Dr. Habib-ur-Rehman
Dr. Habib-ur-Rehman
29 de noviembre de 2008
This article is the type of early protein restriction. I also studied myself early protein restriction for just first seven days; after seven days I offered a normal protein diet. In that study it was observed there is compensatory growth in birds. This can be applied succesfully in broiler breeder.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.