Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of a proprietary premix on productive performance and egg quality of brown laying hens fed high distillers dried grains with solubles (DDGS) diets during the second phase of production

Published: September 30, 2016
Summary
Related topics:
Authors:
Dr. Tony Pescatore
University of Kentucky
Austin Cantor
University of Kentucky
Tuoying Ao
Alltech
Kristen Brennan
Alltech
James Pierce
Show more
Recommend
Comment
Mohamed Swelam
5 de octubre de 2016
Thanks for this article; Firstly;I'm not nutritionist but I need to know: Is DDG meaning dried distilled grain ? If it's right ; I was reading that its protein isn't completely absorbed . I need to inquire is that right or not?
Recommend
Kevin Stickney
Harbro Limited
6 de octubre de 2016
Were all of the diets equalised for energy, digestible amino acid and pigment levels? Was the enzyme used of the VegPro type? Presumably, the DDGS diets had a higher oil content?
Recommend
Badal Singh
6 de octubre de 2016
Sir Many layer farmers are used DDGS since more than year and taking good result in production
Recommend
James Pierce
7 de octubre de 2016

To answer Kevin Stickney's questions,
The enzyme was an experimental combination of several polysaccharide, protein, and phytate, enzymes that were produced with solid state fermentation. Yes, the DDGS available in 2012, when the experiment began, high oil 10%+ was all that would have been readily available compared with today's supply.

Recommend
Muhammad Farooq
18 de abril de 2017
I think 25 to 35 level is much higher due to aflatoxin problem the rang i supposed to be 10-15 %
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.