Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of Partially Protected Sodium Butyrate on Performance, Digestive Organs, Intestinal Villi and E. coli Development in Broilers Chickens

Published: May 3, 2016
Summary
Introduction Antibiotics have been used for decades to improve poultry performance with low cost of implementation and ease adding to feed and water (Fernandez-Rubio et al., 2009). However, currently concern about possible antibiotic residues and resistance has arisen restrictions of antibiotics use in poultry (Jan et al., 2007; Saberfar et al., 2008). Because of this fact, industry and resear...
Related topics
Authors:
Juan Jose Mallo
Norel Animal Nutrition
Follow
Monica Puyalto Ledesma
Norel Animal Nutrition
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Ismet Mamode
Food & Allied Group of Companies
4 de mayo de 2016
It is up to the feed mills to incorporate the SODIUM BUTYRATE in the broiler feeds and make a follow up with the farmers. Antibiotics should not be used as growth promoters in the broilers. Prebiotics and Probiotics are popular. But, still, the salt of BUTYRIC ACID can also contribute to improve the performances of the broilers. In the experiment, the FCR and EPEF could have been a good indication on the economic gain for the farmer.
Nagwa Abd El Aziz Shalaby
6 de mayo de 2016
How is sodium butyrate efficient on digestive organs
Badal Singh
9 de mayo de 2016
sir as my experience i am using partially coated beautyric acid a in layer birds, and taking the result but not seen any visible result on field level...
Raymond Bunda
1 de junio de 2016
A lot of detailed information, thanks much... been using feed premix with butyrate content to my gamefowl but no idea how it works thnks to the author really learning a lot... anyway thus butyrate helps also or contribute in feather development of a chicken? thnx
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister