Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of Garlic and Thyme Extracts on Growth Performance and Carcass Characteristics of Broiler Chicks

Published: February 21, 2013
Summary
INTRODUCTION Antibiotics have been extensively used as feed additives and growth promoters in animal feed industry. The use of antibiotics as feed additives is hazardous due to crossresistance and multiple resistances of pathogens (Schwarz et al., 2001). Therefore, European Union has banned the application of most of antibiotics in poultry diets. Thus, during the past decade many studies inves...
Related topics
Authors:
Jalil Ghassemi Nejad
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Thomas Bun
PT Sierad Produce Tbk
23 de mayo de 2013
no more effect of garlic, i try 2 years used 0.3% informula with china garlic 65%.
Dr Asad Abbas Malik
23 de mayo de 2013
Dear Dr. Jalil, I just want to ask one thing about the trial feeds given to the birds. as you mentioned: a- 1-21 Day Birds were given 18.7% CP and 3000 ME. b- 22-42 Day Birds were given 20.8% CP and 2890 ME. its very strange, is this a typing mistake? or if this is right then why you used the started feed at the end of experiment and finisher feed for first 21 days?
Sushil Chandra
23 de mayo de 2013
There looks some confusion in preparing starter and finisher diets. we generally use higher protein i.e 22 % and ME 2900-2950/kcal in starter diet and around 19-20%protein and 3050-3100 ME in Finisher diet.If this a typographical error,then author needs to correct the same. We also prefer using pre stater from 1to 14 days,starter from 15to 25 days and finisher from 26 to 36 days onwards. The performance using garlic and Thyme extract in the experiment donot show significant changes in body wt. Regards Dr Sushil chandra India
Dr Manal Kamal
24 de mayo de 2013
Their is any significant effects on all parameters you measured and this is not illegal, so, what about immunity.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister