Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of dietary sodium diformate on growth performance, nutrient digestibility, gut health and profitability in broilers

Published: October 5, 2015
Summary
Abstract Dietary formic acid and its salts act against pathogens, helping to decrease pressure on the immune system and improving nutrient digestibility. The use of the double sodium salt of formic acid, with the same antimicrobial properties as formic acid, but with improved handling properties, has become more prevalent in poultry diets. In a trial conducted at a research farm in Taiwan, s...
Related topics
Authors:
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
vijay savaliya
19 de octubre de 2015
can we provide 0.3% NaDF with the enzymes as a stabilizer??? and is that effective for broilers???
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
19 de octubre de 2015
Dear Vijay, combination of organic acids and enzymes is often a good idea - in the case of phytase and organic acids it even works synergistically, as the phytase has an optimum pH which is acidic. Therefore I would assume that the combination is effective. What type of enzymes do you plan to use? And what do you mean with stabilizer? Sodium diformate is used without any additional stabilizers in broiler feed.
vijay savaliya
19 de octubre de 2015
Dear Sir I just want to try NaDF with enzymes like[ Xylanase,cellulase , phytase and protease]. And can we try this combination with powder form? Enzymes have their activities and with different temp/pH they are not stabilize and also for microbial contents can affect to product so I meant for stabilizer
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
19 de octubre de 2015
Dear Vijay, thanks for the update! Yes, you can combine the above listed enzymes with NaDF, however I would do this in the feed only. We have not tested the storage of a blend of acids and enzymes over time, thus I cant recommend whether such a mixture is stable on its own. In case you have further detailed questions you may contact me via christian.lueckstaedt@addcon.com
malay addhya
19 de octubre de 2015
WHAT AMOUNT NADF IS USED IN FEED
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
20 de octubre de 2015
Dear Malay, in poultry feed usually between 1-2 kg/t. In case of bacterial challenge the dosage shall be increased to 3 kg/t. If you want to know more about the use of NaDF in India, please contact Dr. Anant Deshpande under anant.deshpande@addcon.com
Dr Nadeem Murtaza
25 de octubre de 2015
Nadf is available in liquid form as a commercial form. Dear christian.
Christian Lückstädt
ADDCON
26 de octubre de 2015
Dear Dr. Murtaza, that would surprise me! Sodium diformate is a mixture of formic acid and sodium formate bound together by a hydrogen bound, thus the conncetion can be only in-tact in a dry state. In a liquid state that bound would be not available; as such in a liquid form the product would be a regular mixture of formic acid and sodium formate.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister