Effect of breed and density on growth performance and carcass traits of two broiler breeds

Published on: 06/24/2020
Author/s : Mohammad D. Obeidat, Hosam Al-Tamimi, Basheer Nusairat, Belal S. Obeidat. / Department of Animal Production, Jordan University of Science and Technology.

Introduction The improvement of genetic selection and management practices are increased dramatically for the last decades (Kryeziu et al., 2018), stocking density of broilers is one of the major factors that can improve performance to face the improvement of genetic selection (Simsek et al., 2011). Stocking density has a significant impact on production cost, however, excessive density may aff...

remove_red_eye 118 forum 3 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
June 24, 2020
Dr Basheer, congratulations to the authors for the study conducted. However, I would like to make a consideration .For the researched subject, I think it would be important to inform the environmental conditions that the birds were exposed to during the study, although general considerations were made in the conclusion. This detail also reveals the relevance of environmental conditions for this type of work.
June 26, 2020
Dear Dr. Juarez Donzele,

Thank you for your point, this is a valid point. Environmental temperature varied based on the age of the bird. Ambient house temperature was around 20 C starting at 21 days up to the end of trial.

Hopefully this helps!

Basheer

June 26, 2020
Basheer Nusairat, I am grateful for the prompt feedback with the important information for understanding the study.

Best Regards

Juarez Donzele
print
(118)
(3)
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Fred Hoerr
Fred Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Nashville, Tennessee, United States

| 
Copyright © 1999-2020 Engormix - All Rights Reserved