Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of breed and density on growth performance and carcass traits of two broiler breeds

Published: February 11, 2020
Summary
Introduction The improvement of genetic selection and management practices are increased dramatically for the last decades (Kryeziu et al., 2018), stocking density of broilers is one of the major factors that can improve performance to face the improvement of genetic selection (Simsek et al., 2011). Stocking density has a significant impact on production cost, however, excessive density may ...
Related topics
Authors:
Basheer Nusairat
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
DR.R.N.Sreenivas Gowda
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
24 de junio de 2020
Dr Basheer, congratulations to the authors for the study conducted. However, I would like to make a consideration .For the researched subject, I think it would be important to inform the environmental conditions that the birds were exposed to during the study, although general considerations were made in the conclusion. This detail also reveals the relevance of environmental conditions for this type of work.
Basheer Nusairat
26 de junio de 2020
Dear Dr. Juarez Donzele, Thank you for your point, this is a valid point. Environmental temperature varied based on the age of the bird. Ambient house temperature was around 20 C starting at 21 days up to the end of trial. Hopefully this helps! Basheer
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
26 de junio de 2020
Basheer Nusairat, I am grateful for the prompt feedback with the important information for understanding the study. Best Regards Juarez Donzele
DR.R.N.Sreenivas Gowda
Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University
6 de abril de 2021
Dr. Basheer Nusairat, I complement for your detailed study But, what about breed character, the carcass yield of Ross is always more compared to other breeds provided optimal room temperatures, There is variation in FCR also, we need to consider in broiler production Best Reg Dr.R.N.S.Gowda
Omar Alqudah
31 de agosto de 2021
Hi Dr Basheer Great job to u and all great professors if we using stock density more than 18 ( 20 or 22) as I know in Jordan, do you think that make significant difference with the same conditions? Did you fed birds as recommended Nutrient specifications for Ross 308 and hubberd classic? as I know each strain has different nutrients specifications
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister