Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Effect of arabinoxylo-oligosaccharides and arabinoxylans on net energy and nutrient utilization in broilers

Published: September 17, 2019
Summary
1. Introduction Xylans, also known as arabinoxylans (AX) and pentosans, are the most abundant hemicelluloses in the cell walls of monocotyledonous plants, such as cereals. The presence of these polysaccharides has a direct negative impact on energy availability of monogastric diets (Choct and Annison, 1990), largely due to the direct effect of soluble AX on increasing digesta viscosity. The...
Related topics
Authors:
Natalie Morgan
University of New England
Follow
Mingan Choct
University of New England
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Juarez Donzele
Universidade Federal de Viçosa - UFV
5 de marzo de 2020

I congratulate the research team for the study carried out. The results appear to be consistent with those available in the literature. An observation that I believe is important to highlight is that, based on these results, it can be deduced that the use of the enzyme favors animals in the soil by means of the fibrous source hydrolysis as well as positively influencing the microbiota, as if ha demonstrated. I approve of this opportunity to make this observation, since in other opportunities we consider this consideration, which would be necessary to evaluate the microbiota of animals, both birds and bristles, in order to effectively evaluate the positive effects of the enzyme on the yield of them animals. This is why the scientific community knows that improving the microbiota interfered favorably in the development of the animals.

Dr Valeriy Kryukov
16 de abril de 2020
Very interesting work, especially in the methodological aspect
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister