Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Duration of immunity that NDV and IB live vaccine give

Published: October 19, 2018

I would be grateful if you tell me 1- The duration of immunity that NDV and IB live vaccine given in parent breeder 2-Sometimes I encounter by low NDV and IB persistence of immunity. What are the reasons? I would be thankful if there is a reference 3-I vaccinated my flock with Ma5 and clone 3 when I conducted Elisa to check the success of vaccination I found the titre of NDV is high. What is the reason behind that?

Thanks and regards.

Related topics
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Recommend
Comment
Mohamed Ali
CPC - Cairo Poultry Company
20 de octubre de 2018

Dear colleague,
1- the duration of immunity from ND and IB live vaccine depends on if it associated with an inactivated vaccine or not. If they are given alone the expected titer will be low and persistence will not exceed 3 to 4 weeks. But if associated with killed vaccine we'll obtain a high titer and continue for 6 to 8 weeks.
2- The short persistence of immunity may due to withering the inappropriate vaccine application or exposure to field infection.
3- The high titer more than the normal is due to field exposure which leads to shooting of the titer 2 to 3 weeks post challenge.
I hope that I could explain your questions.
Best regards

Recommend
Profile picture
Author
20 de octubre de 2018

Mohamed Ali
Respected my colleague thank you very much for your comment.

Recommend
Profile picture
Author
26 de octubre de 2018

Salah Mohammed
How are you, Sir? I would be grateful if you tell me when does the 6-8 weeks to be count from the start of injection of vaccine or the onset of immunity or the peak of immunity that the vaccine reaches.
Thanks and regards.

Recommend
Mrezafotovatjah
21 de octubre de 2018

Dear colleague,
Would you please tell the routine vaccination program and method in breeding period for IB and ND?
Please regard that local immunity is far more important than circulatory immunity for IB and ND.

Recommend
Profile picture
Author
22 de octubre de 2018
Mrezafotovatjah Thank you sir for your comment
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.