Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Drinking water application of butyric acid in broilers - Justin Fowler

Published: March 28, 2018
Justin Fowler (University of Georgia) discussed his research on butyric acid and its protective effect against necrotic enteritis, while also comparing two applications (water and feed), during IPPE 2018 in Atlanta, USA.
Related topics
Authors:
Justin Fowler
University of Georgia
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Julie von Hellens
SmartFeeds USA
16 de mayo de 2018

This product is unique in the world and has US and EU patented technology that allows for longer and multi-point release throughout the GI tract, without the use of fats or coatings and with minimal smell.

Syed Farjad Zaidi
18 de mayo de 2018

Nice comments by all participants. It's a right step in move toward AGP free broiler production. As mentioned both a and Na based Butyrate is effective normally commercial brands recommend 200 to 300 gms per but here we are discussing 500 to 1000 gms per ton of feed increasing the dosage rate will substantially increase the cost. My question to Dr. Piotr what is the concentration of Ca/Na Butyrate in a product you are using, sorry to mention brand name Kemin Butipearl is 50% and Morel product is 70% a score more products are in the market
Please make it clear.
Thanks

Dr Piotr Stanislawski
dsm-firmenich
26 de marzo de 2020
Syed Farjad Zaidi - I use some similar products eg.produced by Nutriad, or Palital. You could buy 70% butiric salt (Na or Ca). A good mixture is butyrate and benzoic acid .-good broiler performance.
Julie von Hellens
SmartFeeds USA
30 de marzo de 2020
Dr Piotr Stanislawski Do you use the 70% butyric salt/benzoic acid combo in water treatment? There is an earlier comment in the forum about studies now being done on coated versus uncoated treatments in water applications. Just curious if you have any experience with this, or are you just referring to feed application? Best Regards, Julie
Dr Piotr Stanislawski
dsm-firmenich
30 de marzo de 2020
Julie von Hellens - I use butyrates and benzoic in feed.As a rule (for me) additives via water are for vets, for urgent cases. Butyrates and/or benzoic are for longer term (at least 1 feeding phase) use,than via feed is more effective (maybe slightly more expensive), safe, homogenous and neutral for water tubes/drinkers.
Antonio Guerreiro
Vaccinar
8 de abril de 2020
Dr Piotr Stanislawski, This butiric salt is encapsulated? Normally a good encapsulated salt has 70% fat coverage and 30% salt and thus butyric acid has less concentration than that, as there is Na or Ca.
Vinay Kulkarni
Optima Life Science Pvt. Ltd.
14 de abril de 2020

Dr Piotr Stanislawski
what's your opinion about tributyrin?

Feroz Khan
21 de diciembre de 2018

Will you please narrow the age of using the product? The min. age to use it till its effect start diminishing?

tartarini cesare
26 de marzo de 2020
What is the recommended dose of butyric acid in drinking water? Is butyric acid soluble in water or added with emulsifier? There are not problems by putting butyrrc acid in drinking water' Thank you in advance.
tartarini cesare
27 de marzo de 2020

In drinking water I use for poultry and turkey a mix product of Estman with mcfa( more caproc acido ) with emulsifier. Dosage is around 800-1000 cc for t water. Use against gram + and gram -.

Jonathan mpande
6 de abril de 2020
wowooo!!! progressive, what are the benefits of using butyric acid, or caproc acid in broiler production?. I have been using 4ml to 5ml per litre of water of cane mollasses for my birds for both indoor and free range birds, its has really worked for me.
tartarini cesare
6 de abril de 2020
Jonathan mpande I Jonathan, i use mcfa ( mix C6-C12 ) for reduce enteritic necrotic in turkey and polutry. This mix has a pka = 4,8, many high for not dissociation in the gut. Moreover, this mix is not soluble in the gut and remains for many time in this place cleane the gut . For this reason we put emulsiifer with acid for make soluble in the water Any acid is many important pka but also its solubility. why you use cane mollasses in broiler?
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister