Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Different Criteria of Feed Formulation for Broilers Aged 43 to 49 Days

Published: July 23, 2019
Summary
INTRODUCTION One of the most important roles of animal production is to provide high quality protein for human consumption and, to achieve this proposal, animals should be fed correct proportions of high quality protein in the diets. Amino acids are key factors in animal nutrition since protocols used to evaluate protein quality are related to amino acid supply. Poultry feed formulation was u...
Related topics
Authors:
Lucio Araujo
USP -Universidade de São Paulo
Follow
Influencers who recommended :
Agustín De Cristófaro
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Sushil Chandra
8 de agosto de 2019

In India, commercial broilers are being marketed at over 2 kg body wt on 36 to 37 days.
Good effort has been done by the author.
Accordingly, I feel there is no need to conduct experiments between 43 days to 49 days.
These are my personal views.
Regards
Dr s Chandra.

Syed Farjad Zaidi
8 de agosto de 2019
What I am writing is my personal experience and view.This article should have published 30 years ago.Nutrion has moved from crude protein based to energy based.. to total aminoacid based to digestible protein based now based on digestible amino acid based with balanced ME. In EC houses broiler is attaining 2200 GM's in 34/35 days with a FCR of 1.5 to 1.55 .Brazil is one of the most efficient performance market.I expect an article which shows a performance of 2200 GM's BW in 32 days with an FCR of 1.40 to 1.45 we are loosing the taste of chicken by producing bigger and bigger bird it may be market demand but consumer pressure for a slow growing bird is an indication in this direction.
Ali Ahmed
24 de agosto de 2019

I completely agree with Mr. Syed Farjad Zaidi and suggest the poultry industry to change or redirect its efforts to consumer preferences instead of mere higher weights and short duration of production time.

These days, I personally experienced "not good" taste feelings of the broiler meat that exceeds live weights over 1800 gram and It must be taken seriously by the poultry industry to go for "likeness" of broiler meat by consumer, otherwise there is serious concern that this industry will be preferred over meat of other animals most likely by fish and good quality beef.

In this scenario, we must adopt slow rearing birds with good quality and taste of meat even if it increases some input cost but we can expect good returns by consumer preferences and more delicious recipes introduction.

Regards.

Dr. Ali Ahmed

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister