Published: June 1, 2020
Summary
Related topics
Authors:
Eugeni Roura
University of Queensland
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Syed Farjad Zaidi
8 de julio de 2020

It took about 10 years to come into line light the role of monogastric animals. As the genetics is progressing towards lean birds high appetite
Fantastic FCR and nutrient utilization to counter balancing the effect, slowing down the passage rate for better absorption and increasing gut size for enhanced gut surface area for improved absorption.
As nutritionist are focusing fiber solubilization as a source of energy. Lets see what comes next

kevin omwenga
8 de julio de 2020
In large animals like cattle dietary fibre can likely alter the essential fatty acid like propionic and butyric acid production by the microflora that can directly affect the quality and quantity of milk produced at any given time. I am so thankful for this article since am a pig farmer and a nutritionist by profession. reminding me of the importance of df has kicked in a new way to formulate my feeds
Kapil Manwal
Lallemand
3 de agosto de 2020

Dietary fibre is important and yes, I like the article, but one point needs to add which type of fibre is also important. And yes, fiber helps in modulation of intestinal microbiota and good fibre like sunflower meal fibre helps in the reduction of pathogens. Fibre is important for feeding microbiota it may not have any nutritive value, but plays an important role in the gut.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister