Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Current AI, IB and other mixed respiratory complex in Pakistan

Published: April 25, 2018

HI there, We are facing a complex disease situation in most of the areas of Pakistan, which is of respiratory in nature showing redness of trachea with mucus and fibrinous plugin bifurcation, MG growth over lungs, yellow to white diarrhoea with mortality of 10% to 50% and morbidity starts from fan side of control sheds surprisingly leaving the pad area birds with very light infection, morbidity and mortality. After three days this disease transfers towards pad areas and after another 3 days birds are again healthy with 2% mortality. We r using enro+doxy+colistine+bromohexin+amantadine for 3 to 7 days which gives 70% success but 30% still are not controlled. Plz guide me in this regard.

Related topics
Authors:
Anonymous
Anonymous
Recommend
Comment
Muhammad Faeooq Qureshi
27 de abril de 2018

Can you send your vaccination schedule? Type of birds broiler. Breeders or commercial layer. Isolation of bacteria or virus.we will be able to reach some conclusion.

Recommend
David Baquero
Avesca - Avícola Ecuatoriana C.A.
29 de abril de 2018
Have you already took ELISA for respiratory diseases and others like immunosuppressive entities? I suppose this is in a broiler production. What about ILT in your zone? Or IBV?
Recommend
Dr zeeshan awan
30 de abril de 2018
Perform viral and bacterial isolation. Use immunity boosters. A product with brand name virnet should be used with inclusion rate as; 100ml per drum 5 days. Post your vaccine schedule, and your area in pakistan.
Recommend
Profile picture
Author
30 de abril de 2018
This is mostly in broilers in the 4th week mostly after 28 days of age. Vaccination schedule... D1. Nd IB spray D5 ND+H9 D9 IBD intermediate D14 ND lasota
Recommend
Profile picture
Author
30 de abril de 2018
PCR of 5 cases done which showed h9 +with no IB in birds having fibrinous plug in bronchi
Recommend
Dr zeeshan awan
30 de abril de 2018
Ok. You can use ventolin syp (sulbutamol) in water. It will lower inflammation of tracheal bifurcation.
Recommend
Profile picture
Author
30 de abril de 2018
No isolation of bacteria was done.
Recommend
David Baquero
30 de abril de 2018
Very interesting case for me, because I live and work in Latin America and we don’t have influenza problems We still have some issues with infectious laryngotracheitis, IBV and NCDV.
Recommend
David Baquero
30 de abril de 2018
But, what is weird is that the problem seems to solve in a mayor part with antibiotic therapy, making it suspicious of a viral problem primary with a secondary bacterial infection. I think you have to do Elisa and laboratory tests.
Recommend
Profile picture
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.