Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Characteristics of commercial poultry and spatial distribution of metabolic and behavioural diseases in Oyo State, Nigeria

Published: November 25, 2016
Summary
Introduction Nigerian Agricultural sector is identified with the provision of food and nutrition while poultry production is responsible for 19% of the meat supply (SAGTAP, 2012). The value of the commercial poultry industry in Nigeria is estimated at N80 billion ($600 million) and is rated as the most industrialized component of the livestock Sub-sector. Over 25 million people are employed di...
Related topics
Authors:
Kazeem Bello
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Stephen Adejoro Dr
Soavet
25 de febrero de 2017
This is a comprehensive social behavioral study on commercial poultry production,repititive of most commercial poultry system noof the tropical climate I recommend this document as guide in farm animal welfare study and advocacy Congratulations
Oluwaseun Enoch
11 de mayo de 2017
This is a very resourceful publication very worthy of commendation. However i wish i can understand the following better: 1. What is the correlation between high concentration of poultry farms and low potential of behavioural disease occurrence in the earmarked areas. 2. Reduced potential for metabolic diseases in some areas was attributed to proximity to Benin Republic. The ensuing illustration isn't very clear. Thanks
Kazeem Bello
12 de mayo de 2017
Behavioural disease occurrence in poultry is relevant to poultry production and it could probably be observed in places where poultry are kept either as commercial or domestic consumption. If this is true, it means that behaviuoral diseases such as aggressive pecking, cannibalism etc. could be experienced in places where birds are kept and the occurrence/frequency would be factor of population if monitored. Therefore, potential is a function of concentration within pen, farm and location.
Osiah Chinedu Ojukwu
7 de marzo de 2021
Kazeem Bello I need to speak with you. osiahchineduot@gmail.com 08065703658
Lawal Sesan
13 de mayo de 2017
Once poultry is located in a place there is possibility of disease occurence in that area this fact is in turn depend on managment practice by that farmer. If there are high concetration of poultry farms then the possibility increases again
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister