Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Campylobacter control in poultry

Published: January 20, 2015
Summary
Campylobacter (Fig. 1) is the leading cause of foodborne illness in the US and in Europe. Epidemiological studies indicate that poultry and poultry products are significant sources of human infection. In this context, Campylobacter colonization in the intestinal tract of broilers is an important parameter to consider, as intestinal Campylobacter count is correlated with broiler carcass cont...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Philippe Gossart
13 de mayo de 2015
Far from me the idea to question a so brilliant test… However, I have great difficulty understanding how you can perform a test in microbiology with a product that for a by-pass effect of the stomach is physically present in a waxy gangue of stearin. For memory: - Stearin to a melting point at +/- 70 ° C. - Campylobacter is destroyed at +/- 63 ° C. Something escapes my understanding … Philippe Gossart ph.gossart33@orange.fr Initiator & first industrial manufacturer of sodium butyrate in animal nutrition. 1993. Creator of sodium butyrate "double buffer protection" 2005.
ALI ALSUDANI
14 de junio de 2015
Hi Anyone have an idea about culturing Campylobacter from caeca samples, i did differnt things but I didnt find it ? thanks
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister