Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Calcium to Phosphorus Ratios in Broilers

Published: July 29, 2013
Summary
I. INTRODUCTION Historically, there has been a move from the use of a total Ca (tCa) to total P (tP) ratio system (NRC, 1950) to a tCa to inorganic P (iP) ratio (NRC, 1954), to the use of tCa to available P (aP) that appeared in the 1984 NRC. In 1950, the requirements were 1.0% tCa and 0.6% tP (1.66 tCa:tP) (NRC, 1950) and, in the 1954 NRC, the qualification was made giving importance to the a...
Related topics
Authors:
Dra. Roselina Angel Univ Maryland USA Ca-P
University of Maryland (USA)
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Abdelraheem Abdou Rehan
7 de agosto de 2013
i want to ask about relationship between calcium and available phosphor in laying hens diets
Parminder Singh Chawla
8 de agosto de 2013
Good, thought provoking article. We shall estimate the digestibility of calcium from Calcium oxide, carbonate, sulphate, propionate etc. Their availability and cost factors. Thanks
Rafael Duran
IFF - International Flavors & Fragrances
8 de agosto de 2013
Hello Roselina, very interesting and challenging paper for all those involved in animal feeding and nutrition, just like me. Let me make a couple of comments so you can please answer them if possible. You mention digestibilities of 34,1% and 67,9% for Ca for limestone and MCP in recent work at Maryland; but yet, correct me if I am wrong, on a weight to weight basis, we still provide more dCa with limestone don´t we?, assuming a Ca content of 38,6% and 17,8% for limestone and MCP respectively. The second comment would be how possible is to get digestibilities of Ca to be 62,7% (Tamim et al., 2004) vs just 34,1% in the recent Maryland work?. Many thanks for your always clear and good explanations. I have had the chance of listening lectures of yours a couple of times and always enjoyed them lots. Greetings from Madrid.
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister