Discussion created on 11/05/2015

Broiler feed formulas in Malawi, Central Africa

I'm involved with an orphanage school which provides free school teaching to orphans and vulnerable children..
Our school is located near Blantyre on a 5.25 hectare piece of land. As part of gaining some sustainability, we grow vegetables, goats and chickens. Due to the fact that the cost of broiler feed is very expensive, we have been given a formula of ingredients to prepare our own broiler chicken feed. This consists of a starter, grower and finisher. However, where previously we bought the feed commercially, we now find that the day old chicks are not growing very well at all. My plea is now if their is someone who can provide some help in giving us a successful feed formula?
Thanks
John

John Steendam
Poultry farmer
remove_red_eye 576 forum 4 bar_chart Statistics share print
Share :
close
January 10, 2019

My name is Jacob Mwale, a teacher by profession. I have a passion to start chicken production, especially broilers. When I started finding out about the cost of production, I found out that feeds for broilers are very expensive. I, therefore, would like to request the formula for starters, growers and finishers.

May 4, 2019
Yes we need to be doing some of these at house level if we are to achieve economic empowerment
May 15, 2019

I want to know how can I make my own poultry feeds because feeds in shops are expensive.

June 13, 2019
I would like to know more about how to make chicken feed home made
print
(576)
(4)
Would you like to discuss about this topic: Broiler feed formulas in Malawi, Central Africa?
Engormix reserves the right to delete and/or modify comments. See more details
Post a comment
Create new discussion :
If this discussion does not cover topics of interest or raises new questions, you can create another discussion.
Consult a professional in private:
If you have a specific problem you can perform a consultation privately to a professional in our community.
Frederic Hoerr
Frederic Hoerr
DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, ACPV
  Strasburg, Virginia, Estados Unidos de América

| 
Copyright © 1999-2019 Engormix - All Rights Reserved