Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Blood Meal- The cost saving and best performing ingredient for commercial broiler diets

Published: September 17, 2014
Summary
Common names Blood meal, blood flour, fresh blood [English], farine de sang, sang frais [French], harina de sangre [Spanish]  Description Blood can be collected during the slaughter of various livestock species (cattle, pigs, chickens, etc.) under a wide range of conditions. It is usually dried and made into blood meal so that it can be handled and incorporated into rations more ...
Related topics
Authors:
Dr Jaydip Mulik
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Md akil Ansari
28 de marzo de 2021

Can it use imc fish?

sagir
23 de abril de 2021
I'm currently writing a review on blood meal. O was fortunate to find this article, but I couldn't say the references you cited. Pls can you help me with those references
Amadi Uche
3 de mayo de 2021
I have 100birds of broiler chicks expected to arrive today, I have formulated my feed that is expected to carry them for two weeks. I added 6% of blood meal to the quantity. Hopefully after two weeks I will return here to give my report.
alan logy
25 de mayo de 2021
I'm currently writing a review on blood meal. O was fortunate to find this article, but I couldn't say the references you cited. Pls can you help me with those references
Dumbor iyefaa
23 de octubre de 2021

Is blood meal good for pigs? And how can we use it?
Thanks

Adediran Ademola
14 de enero de 2022

Hello and good evening.
Appreciate your write up on blood meal. Highly informative. In case you intend to use dried blood meal for piggery, please what is the mixing ratio to other feed ingredients like pkc?
Once again I thank you
Adorable Farms
Iyann ofa
Oyo State

KELVIN KAMEME
6 de agosto de 2022
Blood meal is the best so far in reducing cost in feed formulations as compared to the conventional known methods of buying from the shelf. This has been a great topic and would like to commend the author for the great woks.
Yakubu Yusuf
20 de agosto de 2022
But, I suppose there should be some kind of disadvantages of using blood meal in fish, what are the disadvantages please?
Musumba Julius
17 de septiembre de 2022

Hello there, thanks for the write-up. Can I use blood meal without adding fish meal in my broiler and layers feeds? Also, in what %? Thanks.

Tsige Shigute
30 de diciembre de 2022
It is very interesting that i also appreciate you to came with such interesting findings.
Mojisola Adegoke comfort
15 de enero de 2023
Thanks for the information. I thought pullets and layers should not be given blood meal. But I have known now that it could included in small percentage
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister