Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Avian Influenza in Poultry

Avian Influenza in Poultry

Published: November 15, 2010
Summary
Avian influenza is a viral disease affecting the respiratory, digestive and/or nervous system of many species of birds. Avian influenza virus infection can occur in most, if not all, species of birds, both domestic and wild. Influenza viruses vary widely in their ability to cause disease (pathogenicity) and their ability to spread among birds. Wild species of birds usually do not develop clinical...
Related topics
Authors:
Gary Butcher
University of Florida
Follow
Richard Miles
University of Florida
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Habib-ur-rehman
15 de noviembre de 2010
I think that the author has covered all aspects of the disease which prevails all over the world.
Jim
15 de noviembre de 2010
Nice article, which I believe this was originally published around 1998.
Analia Göttig
Engormix
15 de noviembre de 2010
Dear Jim, Thanks for your comment. You are right that the article was originally published in april 1998. However, it has been reviewed as of last year. So it could be said that the information is still current and can be used as a reference source. Thank you,
Arshaq Ramzee
16 de noviembre de 2010
A regular and academic article, good for under grad students.
Dr.lalit Belwal
Dr.lalit Belwal
16 de noviembre de 2010
I am in agreement with Dr.Rameez but differ with Ms.Analia. In view of the information explosion since 1997 Hong Kong highly pathogenic Avian Inflenza (HPAI) emergence and subsequent spread to humans the article misses out on current state of knowledge. Even for the Under-grads the information on Virological aspects ( important considerations of Low Path AI vis-a-vis HPAI ) and prevention and control strategies appears to be insufficient. Ms.Analia mentions that despite been published in 1998 ( URL: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/PS/PS03200.pdf ) the content has been updated as late as 2009.This does not appear to be the case because the referred Mexican outbreak of HPAI (H5N2) happened in 1994 and declared controlled in 1996. Dr.Lalit Belwal
Dr Jaydip Mulik
16 de noviembre de 2010
I am totally agree with the comments of Dr L.M. Belwal. Thanks, Dr Jaydip
Sharad Dagadu Hol
Sharad Dagadu Hol
16 de noviembre de 2010
The article has covered everything & has provided all essential knowledge .
Sadeq Al-maswari
16 de noviembre de 2010
This article very useful for everyone interested in the field of Veterinary and all those who missed taking sufficient information about the disease for one reason or another. Authors had made a complete and comprehensive explanation about the definition, methods of treatment and prevention of the disease. Even if there is new information and most comprehensive, it is of the authors rights to obtain our heartfelt thanks to their scientific efforts in introducing this magnificence article.
Dr. G. Vijay Kumar
31 de enero de 2014
Respected Dr. L M Belwal, This is Dr. G V Kumar from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh worked in Indovax during your tenure in Indovax. In Andhra Pradesh there have been lot of outbreaks in commercial layer farms, diagnosed as VVND. Mortality is also very high. Whether this is VVND or any other disease is yet to be confirmed. As I do not have your EMAIL ID, kindly reply with your EMAIL ID to my mail ID. drgvkumar@rediffmail.com Regards, DR. G V KUMAR
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister