Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

Air sanitation system with dry hydrogen peroxide - Brian Jordan

Published: March 22, 2018
Brian Jordan (University of Georgia) shared the results of his research on the use of this air sanitation system in an egg cooler and its effects on hatchability and chick quality, during IPPE 2018 in Atlanta, USA.
Related topics
Authors:
Dr. Brian Jordan
University of Georgia
Follow
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Joe Stanyer
Farmer Joe Group
20 de agosto de 2018
I'm wondering if this system could also be used in incubators....especially Hatchers.
Dr. Brian Jordan
University of Georgia
20 de agosto de 2018
Hi Joe, yes this system can be used in incubators. The company is currently designing a unit to operate directly in the incubator, and my laboratory is conducting further trials in incubators to assess efficacy. Hatchers are a little more difficult due to the amount of chick fluff that is produced. The fluff will clog the filters on the DHP units pretty quickly. As of now, treatment with this system is only being used in the hatcher hallways and ambient air around the hatchers, though the company is working on developing a unit specifically for the hatchers as well.
Jason Kim
22 de agosto de 2018

Then, it will have good effect for hygiene of poultry farms, won't it?

Dr. Brian Jordan
University of Georgia
28 de agosto de 2018

Jason Kim Jason,

Yes, it will. In our current trial, we are also treating the egg rooms on the breeder farms. It currently isn't directly suited for use in the house itself, but we do see microbial load reductions in the egg rooms and on the eggs.

Herman Cruz Jr
23 de agosto de 2018

How do you apply or use the system?
Can you send brochures re dosage or application?
Thanks.

Dr. Brian Jordan
University of Georgia
28 de agosto de 2018

Herman Cruz Jr Herman, the dry hydrogen peroxide system (DHP) is installed into a space according to the air supply and volume. If the entire space is fully supplied by a central air system, then the units are installed directly in the duct work and use the natural flow of air through the ducts to produce the DHP. If the space is not fully supplied by a central HVAC (which many of our hatcheries are not), then stand-alone units are installed to produce the DHP for the space. If you provide me your email address, or if you send me an email directly, then I can give you the contact information for the director of poultry operations for the company and he can provide you all of the product information. Thanks!

Sayed Mohammad Mortazavi
5 de septiembre de 2018

Dr. Brian Jordan
Thank you for your great lecture because it is so good way to prevent the viruses and other microorganisms. I would like to reach to the additional information about the product and its use for any purposes.
Regards,
Mohammad Mortazavi, (Poultry Veterinarian) 

Begerano Albert
Agrited
24 de agosto de 2018
Can't I have more details on the operation mode?
Dr. Brian Jordan
University of Georgia
28 de agosto de 2018
Begerano Albert Begerano, the dry hydrogen peroxide system (DHP) is installed into a space according to the air supply and volume. If the entire space is fully supplied by a central air system, then the units are installed directly in the duct work and use the natural flow of air through the ducts to produce the DHP. If the space is not fully supplied by a central HVAC (which many of our hatcheries are not), then stand-alone units are installed to produce the DHP for the space. If you provide me your email address, or if you send me an email directly, then I can give you the contact information for the director of poultry operations for the company and he can provide you all of the product information. Thanks!
Yair Saar
Shieldbiologics
5 de septiembre de 2018
Dear Dr. Brian Jordan, Will you please contact to see who can provide me all of the product information? BR Yair
Peter R DeCloux
29 de agosto de 2018

Thank you for all the information thus far. Would you share the contact info with us? We are a layer hatchery in upstate NY.

Regards,

Peter

Dr Wisal M.Khan
4 de septiembre de 2018

Can't get it well plz share it again with its uses in Egg store at Farm level and also at the Hatchery store, meanwhile discuss the dosage. Thanks.

Asharf Shalaby
Fakieh Group
5 de septiembre de 2018
Yes please send all tech information . Is it for air only on hatchery or could use for other closed places. is it fir for semi open places . Thanks send all information to my E mail
mehboob elahi
7 de septiembre de 2018

Dear Dr Brian Jordan plz send me the contact person detail so that i can have the literature study. we have central HVAC system in our GP hatchery. That is why I would like to have complete information.
Regards
Mehboob Elahi

Herman Cruz Jr
27 de octubre de 2018
Thank you Very much for the information. Can you send more info . My e mail ad hccruzjr@icloud.com herivet_co@yahoo.com.ph
Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister