Explore
Communities in English
Advertise on Engormix

regumate for pigs

Using Regumate to Control Estrus in Swine

Published: July 30, 2008
Summary
Altrenogest, marketed for use in horses as Regumate, is a synthetic progestin that is marketed for use in pigs as MATRIX. It effectively regulates the occurrence of estrus in randomly cycling gilts if it is provided for 14 or more days at a daily dose of 15 mg/day. It is important to assure that each gilt receives her full dose; otherwise problems of cystic follicles and reduced fertility may be ...
Related topics
Join to be able to comment.
Once you join Engormix, you will be able to participate in all content and forums.
* Required information
Would you like to discuss another topic? Create a new post to engage with experts in the community.
Create a post
Flint Carino
20 de septiembre de 2011

I have been using Regumate for our Piggery operation for five months now. I have experience lower than 80% in-heat gilts 4 to 10 days after the last day of treatment. What do I do to increase the number of gilt coming to heat?

Noni
21 de septiembre de 2011

Good article about regumate for pigs. I understand that it is for 18 days at 10 mg per day you put all your gilts on it that you want to breed with and when day 18 comes along you stop giving it to them and introduce a boar and then when they begin to cycle AI them all. They should farrow on the same day.

Join Engormix and be part of the largest agribusiness social network in the world.
LoginRegister